cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time user. I have a question

Alexxandarr
Honored Guest
So to download virtual desktop on the GO. Where do I download it from? The phone Oculus App or on the GO VR? Which one is better? Please help me answer this I can't wait to use it. Thanks 
4 REPLIES 4

kojack
MVP
MVP
Either one will do the same thing. If you tell the phone App to get it, it will tell the Go to get it. The games don't actually download to (or run on) the phone, it just acts as a non-VR interface to the same account's game library.

You can also use the Go's web store at https://www.oculus.com/experiences/go/
Anything you buy there will be added to your Go's library in the Uninstalled Apps section, where you can then choose to install it.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Alexxandarr
Honored Guest
Thanks @kojack  

Alexxandarr
Honored Guest
@kojack I also have another question. Can you use your monitor screen on the go on the Virtual desktop if you leave your pc at home?

kojack
MVP
MVP
I haven't tried Virtual Desktop myself. But looking at the Virtual Desktop website it says:
Can I connect to my computer over the Internet?
Yes,
make sure "Allow remote connections" is checked in the Streamer window.
You'll also need to enable UPnP on your router and the Streamer App
will forward the required ports automatically. If you want to manually
configure your router, forward TCP ports 38810, 38820, 38830 and 38840.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2