cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Forced to update Oculus Go to MetašŸ¤¬

GutlessHenry
Honored Guest

Hi I have not used my Oculus Go for ages and just had to factory reset it due to it now being Meta. I followed the instruction in the App, reset and set it up again with the same Facebook account. All my apps and games are gone which I purchased and can't find where my purchase history is or where to find my purchased content in the app or in the device. I tried buying VR Fishing which I've purchased on Oculus Go AND for the same game on my Quest2. Surely I'm not being forced to pay a second time for the game on the same device, same account? All because it's changed to meta!! šŸ¤¬ Anyone help or had the same issue?? 

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, thank you for notifying us of this issue! We know the account merging process has its flaws and we like to help you out with this. Factory resetting the headset should not have caused your games to disappear.

You may have created two separate accounts when merging. If you already have a Facebook or Oculus account, You must use this information to login and merge with your Meta account. If your Facebook is linked to your Oculus account you must login with Facebook. 

This way, all your games move over to the Meta account. Once you do that, it gives you the option to continue using Facebook or you can use an email to finish creating the account. You can use this link to read more about the Meta account set up process.

We'd like to take a look at your account but need to verify some account details. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

daagui
Honored Guest

I am having the issues, please help.

JGaz-UK
Honored Guest

Exactly the same problem, I've not used it for a while, got it out for the holidays & it updated. with created a meta account, did but had no option to use the password give, so still stuck on the create account & no access to any of my Apps. I Paid a lot of money for Oculas Quest, & more for apps, & now have no access! this is ridiculous  & Illegal !!

Hey there! We know how it feels losing access to an account, especially with all of your purchased games and apps. This is never a fun position to be in, we'd love to help you out! We may need some sensitive information in order to look into this for you, please click here or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We look forward to hearing from you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I very much resent being forced into creating a "Meta" account that is tracked by facebook. I wont EVER buy another meta product again as a result.

I will also require daily reports on what information META holds on me under the PIPIDA act on a DAILY basis. I will make this a losing proposition for Meta.