cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery Suggestions

hercules97
Honored Guest
Hi developers,
first let me thank you for providing us with the free Oculus Gallery app on Oculus Go.
Since I am using the Lenovo VR180 camera, I am using it frequently. However, there are certain things that make the usage less than ideal which could hopefully be addressed in future releases.
1. In a scenario where I copy about 100 VR180 images from my PC to Oculus Go and when looking at them in Oculus Gallery, not all images are found right away. For example, if I start taking the first image and go fullscreen in it. From there on, I only swipe in full screen mode to the next image. It will stop after about 30 images and the user thinks that this must have been all images. However, when going back into the gallery preview and swiping to the right there, it will continue loading new images, which afterwards will be available in fullscreen mode. This is very confusing.
2. The images displayed in Oculus Gallery seem to be unsorted. They are neither sorted by file name nor by date. In the case of the Lenovo VR180 images with file names like 20180829-231341542.vr.jpg, both methods would work well. Without sorting, I cannot see images in order and after browsing through 15 images, I might see another one which was taken earlier and so on. 
3. Loading the images for preview in Oculus Gallery seems to be not only limited to a certain amount as described in 1., but also takes a pretty long time. The PC image viewer ACDSee handles image previews much better by saving a small thumbnail of the image in a data base which later allows to quickly show it without loading the full jpg image. If disk space for the data base is a concern, it could be limited to clean itself up if specific thumbnails haven't been loaded for 3 month or so.
Thanks for rep.
Hercules
0 REPLIES 0