cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot Oculus Go, Need Help Please.

Tarney
Level 2
Hey all, I recently received an Oculus Go as a gift and I've noticed the front is getting very hot to the touch. All I've been doing is watching movies through the VR Desktop app in the cinema space. Sometimes I feel like I can smell burning electronics as well but I don't know if that's me imaging stuff because I know it's hot. It's not like I'm watching them for long either, maybe just 10 mins before it heats up. I've not had an overheating warning yet but I feel it's only a matter of time considering how hot it gets. 

I asked the person who bought it if they still had the receipt so I can possibly return it as it may be faulty, but unfortunately, they've lost it. Is there any way to exchange it with Oculus or have them look at it? If not is there any aftermarket cooling options out there anyone knows of? I really need to sort it before something burns out. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Hey @Tarney please create a ticket at https://support.oculus.com. We can look into possible warranty for the device. Thanks - Principe.

Skullsdirect
Level 3
Mine gets very warm but not hot.  You have smelt burning?