cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view 3D videos on my GO?

CowboyRog
Protege
Just go my GO and trying to find a good 3D video and play it. Tried Youtube and it did not display correctly.
Can someone lead me through the steps of where and how to play a 3D video. Please give enough detail so even your grandmother could do it LOL.
RC
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have a 3D file on your PC (such as a SBS video) you can copy it to Go when connecting via USB (be sure to allow the PC inside the headset prompt) and then play it in Oculus Video. We also have 3D movies for sale in Oculus Video, which is the easier option.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you have a 3D file on your PC (such as a SBS video) you can copy it to Go when connecting via USB (be sure to allow the PC inside the headset prompt) and then play it in Oculus Video. We also have 3D movies for sale in Oculus Video, which is the easier option.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

CowboyRog
Protege
I have a 3D file on my saved on my computer. I connect my GO with my computer I then ALLOW on my headset. When I try to paste the movie it just dings and won't let me paste into the movie folder (or anywhere else) on the GO headset.
What am I doing wrong? I can past JPG files just fine. This is a small movie file so it is not the size. Do I somehow change the formating? If so how?

Andersenooi
Honored Guest
not sure is true or not, i happen to read some article and the device is running 32 bit. so the files cannot more then maximum of 2 GB. 

rsilvers
Explorer
Should be 4 GB for data files. That is what the GearVR has for a limit.

fungusman
Protege
Hey.

So, love the go, but it's got a lot of ui short comings. I'm sure they will improve it to make it easier to access files and filter things (this includes the library!). I'm sure everything seems obvious and easy to use because their QA have been testing it exhaustively testing this, but to people who just bought the thing, it takes some getting used to.

FOR WATCHING VIDEOS YOU DOWNLOADED ONTO THE RIFT:

I'm seeing that SKYBOX VR is the best way to do this. However, the Oculus go software works well too. Most of the time you will need to SWITCH MODES because by default the Oculus Go will play the video in 2D. Click the 2D icon in the bottom right hand corner and you will see a few icons. 3D 360, 360, 180, 3D 180. You will need to try these to see which is compatible with the video you are playing. 180 means you only see WHATS IN FRONT OF YOU. If the video is FRONT AND BACK, you should pick 360. IF you are new, you will figure it out, but after a day or two you will get the hang of it.
THIS ALSO WORKS FOR A LOT OF VIDEOS FROM THE INTERNET BROWSER THAT ARE NOT FROM YOUTUBE .

HOW TO WATCH 360 VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE:

1. Search for ANYTHING
dam2bgftwrlt.png

2. Use the FILTER feature and select 360oupc3zmd8bb5.png

3. Click a thumbnail to watch a video. Be sure to make it FULL SCREEN using the square looking icon in the bottom right.
re3pusbutw9s.png