cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get error logs from app crashing in Oculus Go

Flomaster
Explorer
I recently ported an Oculus Rift app into Oculus Go using VRTK and unity 2017.4.2.  The app works 50% of the time but the other 50% it freezes right as it loads a 360 video, halfway through the app.  I sideloaded the app using ABD.  I have searched and I cannot find out how to find the logs in my Oculus Go.  How can I find error logs in the Oculus Go so I can figure out why it only crashes sometimes?  
Unity developer with Oculus Go
5 REPLIES 5

Flomaster
Explorer
I found an answer using "adb bugreport" in the cmd line.  Now I am trying to figure out how to find the particular error code.

Flomaster
Explorer
Found a better answer for getting the logs while connected to the android debug bridge

http://www.mastersofpie.com/guide-to-building-gearvr-projects-in-unity-5/

Create a text file (anywhere on your computer, the example is for AndroidLog\android_log.txt)

then in your cmd while connected to the go, run the below 3 commands 

del \AndroidLog\android_log.txt
adb logcat -c
adb logcat -s Unity:D > \AndroidLog\android_log.txt

Then run your app!  The debug logs  and errors will be written to the text file

Anonymous
Not applicable
my app for 360 videos and photos crashes after 3 hotspot transitions

inMediaStudio_g
Honored Guest
Hey @Flomaster, did you find a way to resolve your error?. I am having exactly the same problem with 360 videos. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

pedrovf
Honored Guest

Hey @Flomaster, did you find a way to resolve your error?. I am having exactly the same problem with 360 videos. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Same here!!