cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep downloading content on Go while not using it in your head?

OPP360
Honored Guest
Hello,

I've noticed that downloading of content stops progressing when unmounting the Go HMD. Is there a way to continue downloading content while not using the device. I live in the middle of wilderness so my internet connection is kind of slow... Cheers for the info!
11 REPLIES 11

Tpfitz
Protege

OPP360 said:

Hello,

I've noticed that downloading of content stops progressing when unmounting the Go HMD. Is there a way to continue downloading content while not using the device. I live in the middle of wilderness so my internet connection is kind of slow... Cheers for the info!

You’re right. If your internet is slow (mine is too), then it CAN stop downloading while not in use. I originally thought the device didnt download in background while not in use too, so I put a clothe over the sensor to keep in on. This usually fixed the issue and downloads seemed to keep running way better.

Also, only download one thing at a time. Multiple downloads on a slow network will make it more prone to stop downloading while not in use from my experience.

sharkwithlaser
Honored Guest
The Oculus Go has this problem.  The developers have failed to fix it.  Shove a washcloth into the headset so it thinks you are wearing it, and it will continue to download. 

Too bad we have to Gerry Rig this to get it to work without staring at a download screen for 15 minutes.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?