cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INEFFICIENT & CUMBERSOME

Ruggo
Explorer
I find Oculus Go's set up requiring mobile device (which I don't have) inefficient and cumbersome.
Any reason why you couldn't plug it into PC and download startup?  Would be a lot simpler.
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree.
 Any chance you could borrow a phone as it will only take a few minutes and then you can delete the app from the phone.
Worth trying if you have and android 5 phone as mine worked fine even though below recommended.

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
Or the unthinkable! Not needing to rely on another device to set the Go up! Like the Mirage Solo! =D I know that's nuts and fanboys won't have it because of fanboy and stuff but yeah I think that's not only a good idea but it should not even have to be thought about! However of course we can just be fanboys and argue why it's impossible, and protect little old Oculus and Facebook from any constructive criticism. =`(

Ruggo
Explorer
The point I'm trying to make is that we should have the option to use our computer which is an even more basic tool than a mobile device.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I totally agree. Pc setup is a great option imo
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

fungusman
Protege
Yeah I agree. I'd really like to ship one of these to my family whom barely can use a tablet let alone pairing a vr device with a phone. For some less tech literate seniors the GO would probably be right up their with the Wii if they could make it more people friendly.

Monstaah
Heroic Explorer
Yep i'm in a similar boat, I don't own a mobile phone so I can't set one up for a friend who'll never be able to do it herself, and being at opposite ends of the country nullifies the idea of purchasing one..
PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
oooh it even has lights!! 😃