cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Content for Oculus Go Lousy?

keoki_stevenson
Honored Guest
Hello guys,
Is it me or is the amount of content for Oculus Go lousy? I know part of my problem is that I'm only looking for material i can use on my elliptical machine. But there doesn't seem to be much content otherwise. 
15 REPLIES 15

paul_quade
Explorer
@Zenbane You're being pointlessly argumentative.  I can see what Oculus chooses to feature the moment I boot up.  It is, in my opinion lacking.  It it works for you, fine, for you.  That said, for me it's lacking.

Why the hostility?  Why are you losing sleep and obsessing over what I think of it?  So what?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

@Zenbane You're being pointlessly argumentative.

I disagree. I am merely addressing what I believe to be pointless exaggeration on your part when you stated the following:
 It doesn't help that Oculus Go seems to want to feature a LOT of demo
crap made by other companies like shark and rollercoaster videos that
are simply repetitive as hell.

On top of this I find
it hilarious that if you scroll through the videos you'll see the same
video listed two or three times in the same section.  If I was Oculus,
this would embarrass me

All of that is completely detached from what is actually available on the GO Store.

I can see what Oculus chooses to feature the moment I boot up.

I can as well, and I can load a screenshot later in this discussion. Nothing of what you described is shown as a "feature" after Oculus boots up. But what about all the content available when you put forth real effort and "scroll" through the Store? Are you actually clicking on the Store categories and menus? Or did you just stop at what was initially presented the moment it booted up?

It is, in my opinion lacking.  It it works for you, fine, for you.  That said, for me it's lacking.

If it is lacking for you then I would be interested in hearing something more factual. So far the things you describe are not an accurate depiction of what users can expect from GO's Storefront.

Why the hostility?  Why are you losing sleep and obsessing over what I think of it?  So what?

More exaggeration on your part; this is a common theme for you it seems. There is no hostility nor obsession, and no one is certainly losing sleep. This is a discussion on a public forum. That is what forums are for.

keoki_stevenson
Honored Guest
@Zenbane  Can you give examples of the different types of content and the live events? I have to admit i find the Oculus Go hard to navigate. I am more interested in content that has an academic slant rather games. Attending some live events might be cool. Are there other types of content I should know about?

Are you aware of any tutorials on how to navigate the Oculus Go?

Thanks!  

Phaserlight
Heroic Explorer

@Zenbane. Yes.  I have an Oculus Go.  Why on earth would I even join this forum if I didn't?

While our "milage may vary" and you may believe there is ample quality content.  I don't.

That doesn't mean you're right and I'm wrong.  It doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong.

What it means is for this particular datapoint, my opinion is 100% valid -- for me.

Did you check the list I posted?

On it you will find Vendetta Online, a game I've played for over 15 years that to me is without a doubt one of the best and deepest electronic experiences ever made.

You are claiming there isn't ample quality content, or that it isn't curated, but I have posted a list of curated quality content including many dozens of titles in this very thread.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

@Zenbane  Can you give examples of the different types of content and the live events? I have to admit i find the Oculus Go hard to navigate. I am more interested in content that has an academic slant rather games. Attending some live events might be cool. Are there other types of content I should know about?

Are you aware of any tutorials on how to navigate the Oculus Go?

Thanks!  

You can start by installing and launching Oculus Venues. It has a full list of weekly Social VR events. Everything from live concerts to watching movies in a theatre with other people.

I also posted a list of the 2019 NBA Schedule, which you can attend in VR courtside:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/70412/the-2018-2019-nba-season-will-be-streamed

keoki_stevenson
Honored Guest
@Phaserlight, yes buddy. That list was very helpful that is how i found Epic Rollercoasters over a week ago and it s the reason i decided to keep the Oculus Go.I couldnt remember where i saw the link or who posted it. Honestly, I'm not looking for a lot of games and do you have a lot of other stuff listed.

THanks for that list. its very helpful. Sorry for my slow acknowledgement!