cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Content for Oculus Go Lousy?

keoki_stevenson
Honored Guest
Hello guys,
Is it me or is the amount of content for Oculus Go lousy? I know part of my problem is that I'm only looking for material i can use on my elliptical machine. But there doesn't seem to be much content otherwise. 
15 REPLIES 15

paul_quade
Explorer
I'm going to say you're right.  It doesn't help that Oculus Go seems to want to feature a LOT of demo crap made by other companies like shark and rollercoaster videos that are simply repetitive as hell.

On top of this I find it hilarious that if you scroll through the videos you'll see the same video listed two or three times in the same section.  If I was Oculus, this would embarrass me, but I guess it doesn't bother whoever is curating their content.

What they ought to be doing is featuring truly AMAZING content so the first thing the user sees gives them good feelings about their new device.  If they can't find enough truly amazing content THEY SHOULD MAKE SOME.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@"paul.quade" - Other devs apart from Oculus need to make content for VR. Unfortunately VR is just starting out, so I don't believe it has the big dev houses like Sony and Xbox do for their Consoles. If the stuff isn't funded by Oculus, it's usually small dev teams or even just one person making content. This is where VR needs to grow in the future..  

paul_quade
Explorer
@RedRizla We'll have to agree to disagree on this since Oculus is owned by Facebook and has more than enough resources.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
@"paul.quade" - Given you can do things like watch NetFlix in different environments that's all some people want sometimes. Everyone's expectations are different, but I know I paid for a crappy Sony headsets to watch films on a fair few years ago and it did nothing more. It was more then $200 too and was no where near as good as Oculus Go screens.

The Oculus GO hasn't been out all that long and things take time to develop. Not everything will be great, but there's some good stuff on the Oculus GO including the NetFlix app..

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

I'm going to say you're right.  It doesn't help that Oculus Go seems to want to feature a LOT of demo crap made by other companies like shark and rollercoaster videos that are simply repetitive as hell.

On top of this I find it hilarious that if you scroll through the videos you'll see the same video listed two or three times in the same section.  If I was Oculus, this would embarrass me, but I guess it doesn't bother whoever is curating their content.

What they ought to be doing is featuring truly AMAZING content so the first thing the user sees gives them good feelings about their new device.  If they can't find enough truly amazing content THEY SHOULD MAKE SOME.

I've enjoyed my GO since release, and I own a Rift as well. The Library is quite vast and there are plenty of great titles. No idea what you're talking about with this post. Have you actually tried GO? Because nothing you described here is accurate.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Hello guys,
Is it me or is the amount of content for Oculus Go lousy? I know part of my problem is that I'm only looking for material i can use on my elliptical machine. But there doesn't seem to be much content otherwise. 

The live media streaming is impressive. I've attending live film viewings in a theatre and a live concert. Plus I attended the last Facebook event live as well. I've missed out on the sporting events due to schedule conflicts unfortunately. But I've also enjoyed several great gaming experiences, and I have my eye on a few others (I just don't have much time right now).

Not to mention the direct integration with WebVR. There is lots of great content.

paul_quade
Explorer
@Zenbane. Yes.  I have an Oculus Go.  Why on earth would I even join this forum if I didn't?

While our "milage may vary" and you may believe there is ample quality content.  I don't.

That doesn't mean you're right and I'm wrong.  It doesn't mean I'm right and you're wrong.

What it means is for this particular datapoint, my opinion is 100% valid -- for me.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

@Zenbane. Yes.  I have an Oculus Go.  Why on earth would I even join this forum if I didn't?

Plenty of people join this forum who don't own an Oculus product. I ask the same question, but they join nonetheless!

While our "milage may vary" and you may believe there is ample quality content.  I don't.

Opinions may vary, but you jumped the shark in a fairly big way. Going as far to suggest that anyone should be "embarrassed" by the selection of GO titles is overly silly, exaggerator, and unrealistic. For example, many of the titles available on GO have been available on GearVR for over a year prior to GO's release, and this includes multiple Award Winning Titles.

Your post ignores pretty much everything that actually exists for GO and instead gives a false impression of what is actually available.

What it means is for this particular datapoint, my opinion is 100% valid -- for me.

I don't believe that you even agree with your own opinion here. If you really own GO then you must have seen how much is actually available in comparison to what you typed. It seems like you intentionally focused on a very specific "bad experience" you had, and tried to pretend that this experience somehow represents the entirety of GO's offering. Basically, either you are lying intentionally or you just haven't used GO for any significant length of time.

But even if you do feel that your opinion is "valid for you," then that is irrelevant because you are sharing that opinion with other people. My opinion about your opinion is just as valid. I look forward to beating this dead horse lol