cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to just buy a replacement screen?

Scaramoosh
Level 4
My Go is over a year old now so I guess with these American Items it won't be covered by warranty? However I'm noticing dead pixels on the screen and it's really distracting in VR, it started with a lite row of two or three up at the top, but it wasn't noticeable too much. Now however I have another row of three or four to the right, but I find myself constantly seeing them. I just need to get the screen replaced....

Thanks. 
4 REPLIES 4

TomCgcmfc
Level 15
Maybe have a look at this YT Go teardown vid to help see what you would need to do to access the screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMs_GmFhRLA

Looks pretty hard to me.

Maybe just contact Oculus support and see if they can help you out.  Who knows, maybe they will send you a replacement headset, or at least offer you a refurbished one at a discount price.
9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Scaramoosh
Level 4
I'm guessing I'd have to get a new one, I don't use it enough really to justify the price for it... just using it as my 360 video headset for my camera.

Always have this problem with LCD, never had a Dead Pixel with OLED. 

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

Always have this problem with LCD, never had a Dead Pixel with OLED. 

My Quest (OLED) has a dead pixel.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

SkyMech
Level 2

They will offer to look into it however, they will inform you that they do not offer screen replacements. They will just politely tell you to buy a new unit.