cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought oculus go can’t pair with phone.

drbrendan
Explorer
just bought the go.  Can’t connect it to my iPhone.  Tried multiple WiFi networks, going close to router opening and closing bluetooth,
etc etc.   when I go through setup it says unable to find your headset.  Wasted so much time on this please Help!!!!
58 REPLIES 58

WheelsHurlbut
Honored Guest
Exact same problem. My iPhone can detect the serial number but it will not pair. Any resolution? Thanks. 

mcpherson22
Explorer
Same problem here, SOME HELP FROM OCULUS WOULD BE NICE!

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can get support here. Thanks.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ashzhang
Explorer
same problem ,does facbook staff have not test with iPhone X ? so many bugs that connect wifi ,so dispointed 囧

ashzhang
Explorer

You can get support here. Thanks.

same problem ,does facbook staff have not test with iPhone X ? so many bugs that connect wifi ,so dispointed 囧

brandonyuen
Explorer
I'm still waiting for a solution to this, either from Oculus support or from some kind soul in this forum. 
Tried many phones. Oculus Go is definitely on. Phone app sees the serial number. Status light on the Go blinks blue a couple of times, each time I attempt pairing, before the phone app says it can't pair.

I'm able to bypass the pairing screen (by holding down Vol+ and Vol-) and manually connect to WiFi. The browser works but the app store does not, so I have no apps. 

At this point, I think it's time I asked... does anyone know if the Oculus Go works outside the United States, or outside the 23 countries they officially ship to? I'm in Singapore, and I'm starting to think that has something to do with it. 

Thanks for reading this. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
Oculus Go should not be region locked or anything, so your country shouldn't matter. The one issue would be if your location or network was blocking Oculus or Facebook servers, but that would affect accessing the store, you should still be able to pair the hardware. Can you contact us for help? Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

brandonyuen
Explorer

Oculus Go should not be region locked or anything, so your country shouldn't matter. The one issue would be if your location or network was blocking Oculus or Facebook servers, but that would affect accessing the store, you should still be able to pair the hardware. Can you contact us for help? Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/

Thanks. I do have a discussion going on with support... this is my case number: #547356.
Any ideas would be much appreciated!

G0-DVL
Honored Guest
I too have problems pairing my OnePlus Two with the Oculus GO.
It finds the headset serial number but can not pair after that.

EDIT: It worked with a Samsung Galaxy S7 on the first try, but it is not my phone. My problem still exists for my OnePlus 2

Viewnaija
Explorer
Had the same problem. Looks like it needs an update for iPhone X. This is how I solved it...

1) You have to update the headset by first connecting to wifi, it will automatically download the updates to the headset required. To bypass the bluetooth connectivity screen and get to wifi you have to..
Hold down volume up and down buttons together for 5 seconds to trigger the Wi-Fi setup screen.
 Follow the prompts and connect to your wifi. Headset will restart. May take up to 20 mins to come back up once you hear the sound you know its been rebooted.
2) Follow screen prompts on phone to connect again.
Good luck and see you on the other side!