cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought oculus go can’t pair with phone.

drbrendan
Explorer
just bought the go.  Can’t connect it to my iPhone.  Tried multiple WiFi networks, going close to router opening and closing bluetooth,
etc etc.   when I go through setup it says unable to find your headset.  Wasted so much time on this please Help!!!!
58 REPLIES 58

barrie_willson
Honored Guest
Can't find my Wi-Fi which is an EE box that should be supported it won't find my phone at all but my phone can find it it won't show my Wi-Fi on the Wi-Fi connections that are available please advise

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please submit a support ticket here. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

O_kas
Honored Guest
Not able to connect to Bluetooth from 3 different android phones, pixel XL, Nexus 5x and a Moto E 2nd gen.

brandonyuen
Explorer
Sounds like there are quite a few of us with this issue now.
Hope it's something that can be fixed without us having to send the Oculus Go back... I mean, WiFi seems to work fine, and I'm even able to pair with one phone from the phone's Bluetooth menu, but not from the Oculus app. So I'm still hopeful...

alejandro_casta
Expert Protege
Hi brandontuen
I live in Argentina and I am having the same problem with you( like you say in your post of May 19)
I am speaking with all Oculus support people and I cannot fix it yet So I'm still hopeful too....

brandonyuen
Explorer
Yeah, let's hope they find a fix that we can apply on our own. I don't have the option of returning my set (without significant shipping charges) since I'm in Singapore.

To Oculus Support: If you guys get your hands on any returns with this problem and figure out the fix, please post. Thanks!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try with a friend or family member's phone? You only really need it for the initial setup.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

brandonyuen
Explorer

Can you try with a friend or family member's phone? You only really need it for the initial setup.

I've tried it with many phones... Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi, Sony, Huawei... but they all won't pair.

Any way I can get it set up with a PC via USB?

WheelsHurlbut
Honored Guest
The resolution to my pairing problem was that Oculus replaced my head set with a new one and it paired just fine.  Bit of a drag but I have a working Go now. 

brandonyuen
Explorer

The resolution to my pairing problem was that Oculus replaced my head set with a new one and it paired just fine.  Bit of a drag but I have a working Go now. 

That's great! Have fun!

Thanks for the update!
I hope they figure out what was wrong with the one you sent back though. And I hope there's fix that can be deployed remotely via firmware. I guess I'll wait and see.