cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just bought oculus go can’t pair with phone.

drbrendan
Explorer
just bought the go.  Can’t connect it to my iPhone.  Tried multiple WiFi networks, going close to router opening and closing bluetooth,
etc etc.   when I go through setup it says unable to find your headset.  Wasted so much time on this please Help!!!!
58 REPLIES 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
WORK AROUND DISCOVERED
- On iPhone 7
- Bluetooth pairing failed over and over. Tried multiple headsets, multiple iphones
- Oculus app NOT LOGGED IN TO FACEBOOK (look under Settings: Account)
- Was using cellular data connection
- Switched to WIFI 
- Oculus app then logged in with Facebook
- Bluetooth connection/pairing worked
- Set-up procedure completed

Mileage may vary...

jakob62
Honored Guest
This is a nightmare. 5 hrs and telling me can’t find headset   Screen on go has a little white dot and some lines. No menu at all 

jakob62
Honored Guest
Way to much work.  I’ll be boxing mine back up and returning. Plus I just found out the one game my son wanted isn’t available on the go 

KIWIinTOKYO
Honored Guest
waste of life product with rubbish support. Still after one year cannot use. 

3eyes
Explorer
You can buy a cheap Android TABLET to do the Oculus Go setup, as described below.
wqcb9mr4xzjw.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a lot of trouble with this. Even though my Apple phone said the bluetooth was on, the headsets weren't showing up. What I didn't realize is that bluetooth was turned off in my app settings! So if you go into your phone's settings and scroll all the way down to the Oculus app, you should be able to turn on bluetooth for the app. Then I had no problem connecting to the headsets through the app on my phone.

jamiedkelly
Honored Guest

WORK AROUND DISCOVERED
- On iPhone 7
- Bluetooth pairing failed over and over. Tried multiple headsets, multiple iphones
- Oculus app NOT LOGGED IN TO FACEBOOK (look under Settings: Account)
- Was using cellular data connection
- Switched to WIFI 
- Oculus app then logged in with Facebook
- Bluetooth connection/pairing worked
- Set-up procedure completed

Mileage may vary...

Oh my god, that was it! Thank you! This worked for the Quest.

tillytinker321
Honored Guest

Old thread I know but did anyone find a fix for this issue? Had WiFi go out on the unit, did the factory reset now app will find The VR but won't connect. Nightmare! 

sicklemyfancy
Honored Guest

Everything I tried in this thread didn't work. Every phone possible, every WiFi network available, still only says "Unable to Find Your Headset". Since 2 years the Oculus Go still cannot get past "Continue in Oculus App". I don't know why my uncle bought this present he should've returned it the most useless device I've ever seen.