cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Oculus go microphone is not working

mrhost
Level 2
My Oculus go microphone is not working what do I have to do to get my microphone working.  I have checked the microphone settings and they’re wide open 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gotgalf
Level 5
Try activating and deactivating the developer mode several times (and restarting in between). This worked for me, but it might as well have been a coincidence.
For checking the microphone: Altspace has a microphone level indicator.
Quick workaround: Use a USB headset, or a USB soundcard with a USB OTG adapter.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mrhost
Level 2
My oculus go microphone has quit working. I have checked the microphone gain and the mute button all are on 

voxelmaniam
Level 5
This is just a guess but is it possible that you have something plugged into the audio connector like wired headphones that don't have microphone support? I think I read somewhere that the audio connector supports an external microphone and if this isn't supported by your headphones it might short out the internal microphone.
A voxel is a three dimensional pixel!
Murray Foster

gotgalf
Level 5
Try activating and deactivating the developer mode several times (and restarting in between). This worked for me, but it might as well have been a coincidence.
For checking the microphone: Altspace has a microphone level indicator.
Quick workaround: Use a USB headset, or a USB soundcard with a USB OTG adapter.

View solution in original post

axman_nc
Level 2
That's quite a design flaw if true.  I was using external headphone when my mic but the bullet a few days ago.  Some social apps auto mute you if you don't use headphones such as Altspace, which I use.  I've also read you don't need headphones with the Go as it doesn't interfere/ghost.

naicovr
Level 2
you have to give permission for the app to use Mic, for that
->go to settings and switch on the microphone option
->then go to device->permission and select the app then grant access to microphone option.(for example: youtube).
its worked for me.

Katana56
Level 2

DO ALL OF YOU HEAR PEOPLE BUT JUST CANNOT TALK?

i CAN HEAR BUT NO ONE CAN HEAR ME