cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Facebook integration Security

Madmonkey1980
Level 2
Hi i need some help understanding the level of integration that the Facebook integration has with my actual Facebook account. i recently parted way with an oculus go due to an asset division within a business i deleted all content via the oculus web page and received a success msgs, but some how it shows it still linked via my Facebook security login. does the oculus go product have access to my fb messages ect ?

notes all Passwords were reset prior to handover of the product as i have a quest 
3 REPLIES 3

wuzp
Level 8

does the oculus go product have access to my fb messages ect ?

notes all Passwords were reset prior to handover of the product as i have a quest 

If you unlinked your Facefook account, from your Oculus account; AND performed a factory reset of the headset; AND personally changed your Facefook password; THEN there is no access possible.

CatherineWhites
Level 2
The essence of confidentiality is to keep certain data from outsiders, security is to keep information confidential after it has been collected. Privacy is, in a sense, related to your personal comfort level - to what extent you are comfortable sharing data. Security is how organizations store and protect your information.

CatherineWhites
Level 2
Social network Facebook has simplified privacy settings after the scandal with the personal data leakage of 50 million users (and the subsequent exodus from the social network of Elon Musk, Cher, WhatsApp founder Brian Acton, and Playboy magazine). Zuckerberg admitted that he made a mistake in working with Cambridge Analytica, which used personal data of users to create targeted advertising before the elections, and assured that now everything will be different.