cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO sales numbers? (UPDATE)

LZoltowski
Champion
So I have been keeping an eye on Oculus App Android downloads numbers, A week after launch it was at 10,000 now it's at 50,000 plus (this is not counting ios devices, damn you apple) .. I'm not saying that this is indicative of anything but nice to see it growing, esp that it has been out for only 2 and a half weeks and seems to be gaining buzz. (Not to mention increased number of new members on this forum, although I would not have expected huge numbers as Mainstreamers don't tend to hang in forums heh) Will be interesting to see numbers grow when the GO gets released in countries outside of the US (yes it's available at oculus.com) but it is nowhere to be found at other retailers, online or otherwise.

iyot0gycfe19.jpg

EDIT May 31st:

Now at 100,000
zk1m5a6m2fat.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
279 REPLIES 279

anywhereanytime
Honored Guest
It's now July 8th ... any update to the estimated 300,000 to 400,000 Gos backin early June?  Anyone see any market research for Q2'2018?

LZoltowski
Champion
@Zenbane  @kevinw729

To touch on the sitting and standing though, I tend to agree with what Zen has said, and I think there are quite a few factors why:

• Room size, European homes can be quite small compared to US ones, having a large VR dedicated space is quite difficult to come by, esp in larger metropolitan areas
  • Tethered HMD, the cable doesn't really allow for full 360 room scale without it getting annoying 
  • Not many killer experiences for room scale

I also think there is a lot of confusion about what ROOM-SCALE vs STANDING is ...

When Job Simulator came out ... everyone at the Vive camp shouted 360 Room Scale!!! ... no .. it's a standing 360 experience with about a footstep in each direction.

Because of people misunderstanding and the culture war between Vive and Rift camps at the time where the Rift had only 1 sensor and a 360 standing experience was a VIVE only thing, over time the Room-Scale monicker got jumbled up with standing 360, now 95% of the time when a consumer thinks room-scale they are really thinking 360 standing (or movement of about 1m in each direction) and I bet a lot of them are completely unaware what true Room-Scale even is .. they are content with their 360 standing or sitting.

Is Lone Echo room-scale? No, it;s a 360 standing experience with about 1m of movement each side.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

I was a little disappointed to see both my local Currys and John Lewis here in the UK don't have Go's in-store, only available to order and pick-up next day so no demo possibilities.

Not totally surprising I guess, these days stores really limit their stock capacity to minimise costs & VR right now isn't a priority for them. Would have liked to at least tried one on for comfort comparison to my Rift, particularly with my glasses in mind.

LZoltowski
Champion

I was a little disappointed to see both my local Currys and John Lewis here in the UK don't have Go's in-store, only available to order and pick-up next day so no demo possibilities.

Not totally surprising I guess, these days stores really limit their stock capacity to minimise costs & VR right now isn't a priority for them. Would have liked to at least tried one on for comfort comparison to my Rift, particularly with my glasses in mind.

Daft, get one on Amazon, do you have Prime? there is a 30 day no questions asked return policy. If you don't like it just send it back, they will even pay for the return.

Be kind to one another 🙂

Good point LZ. I think I'm stuck in the past where electrical goodies are concerned. Nothing quite like having it in your sweaty hands the minute you hand over the readies! plus you can usually get it replaced same day if it's faulty especially from John Lewis.

….plus I just remembered, if John Lewis have a sale and you bought the thing within 28 days before the sale, they refund the difference no questions. I sound like a John Lewis fanboy but I do like to support bricks & mortar shops if they're good!

Did I say I like John Lewis?

LZoltowski
Champion
Yeah, John Lewis are great. 

Although for example, I was in the market for a good amp, but I couldn't decide .. I don't do this often but tit was an important purchase and 5 mins in a store would not cut it here. So I ordered 3 different amps, then returned the two I didn't like 10 days later. Amazon was completely cool about it.

Be kind to one another 🙂

I'd call that a win LZ.

We'll probably have to wait a while though before there are 3 decent stand-alone headsets in the same class as Go 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
John Lewis are awesome. Their customer service is second to none. That's why I got my Rift and Touch controllers from them, and probably my CV2 next year too.

Morgrum
Expert Trustee

Zenbane said:

kzintzi said:

I have always liked to think of myself as a geek not a nerd (geeks get laid more :smile: )

Geeks and Nerds > Dorks

Geek

Nerd

Dork

That Dork looks like he is probably having a blast!
WAAAGH!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Morgrum said:

That Dork looks like he is probably having a blast!

Please confirm for the group. Post a pic or vid of yourself doing something similar, and confirm that this is in fact, a blast!