cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus GO selling like hotcakes on amazon.com

LZoltowski
Champion
It's number 6 and 7 respectively in the ENTIRE video games section on Amazon (that is a top tier section and includes everything else, like PC,VR, PS4 etc) . Also looks like 64GB is more popular.

m0swftnujois.jpg
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂
32 REPLIES 32

CowboyRog
Protege

For some perspective, my first personal computer, if you could call it that, was an MOS Technologies, 6502, 1 MHz CPU based, KIM1 purchased in 1976. It had 1152 bytes (~1k) of RAM, a 6 digit hexidecimal LED display, a 23 button key pad for program and data entry and initially had to be programmed using hand assembled hexidecimal code. If I remember correctly, it cost $595, a month's salary for me at the time. In comparison the Oculus Go is a science fiction fantasy come to life. And, while not perfect it is another step in the evolution of the man machine interface that will continue to evolve in richness and capability. I think that it is a milestone because of its cost and portability. In this day and age, milestones are quickly superceeded and the cost of a used Go will drop below $50 within the year as more capable competitors emerge. All the more fodder for the hacker side of me. Just my two cents worth.

You sound almost as old as me. My first computer was by Commodore Pet 64. You had to write the code then save it on a tape. Only worked about half the time. The progress since then has been spectacular. I agree this is a journey that really never ends.
The Oculus GO is a great step in the right direction.
Love mine.
RC

Anonymous
Not applicable

CowboyRog said:

You sound almost as old as me. My first computer was by Commodore Pet 64. You had to write the code then save it on a tape. Only worked about half the time. The progress since then has been spectacular. I agree this is a journey that really never ends.
The Oculus GO is a great step in the right direction.
Love mine.
RC

Yes the Commodore Pet was also based on the 6502 with a significantly better user interface. The KIM_1 had the standard at the time Kansas City cassette tape interface that had about the same level of reliability. My first "civilized" computer was a TRS-80. Those were the days. I don't miss them even a little bit. 

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
I feel young now.  🙂