cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Controller - Horrible Life Expectancy - No Power

GMARMAN
Honored Guest
I have 2 Oculus Go and for both of them, the Controllers die after a fe months.  I replace the batteries but they do not take power anymore.  I have replaced 3 in the last year and getting tired of buying a new controller every time they die.  Is there an alternative to the one that comes with the Oculus Go that will not die after 3-4 months?   
9 REPLIES 9

kojack
MVP
MVP
That sounds very odd.
I use 5 Go's at work, never had an issue with controllers. Ocassional battery change, that's all.

I don't think there's much else that would fit in the place of a AA, but it almost sounds like wrong battery issue if it keeps happening.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Have you tried to link them again to your Go via the Go app, mine did the same thing and it seemed dead, no power even with new battery, but i had to re link it back to the Go via the App and has been fine since.....of course i have no idea why it lost connection to the go in the first place, but anyway it has been fine since.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

kojack
MVP
MVP
Good idea. I do remember that happening once to one of my work Go controllers. It had unpaired itself.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
"unpaired" and "re link"...........two word that shows the difference between a university education compared to leaving school at 16 and not even knowing how many inches were in a foot. lol

Techy111
MVP
MVP
How do I relink my Go controller if launched out of a window by a 3 year old and lost in the bushes?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
And @OmegaM4N 7 I think ? 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Anonymous
Not applicable
OP you aren't leaving the batteries in the controller to the extent that they leak? it would explain you issue.

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee

Techy111 said:

How do I relink my Go controller if launched out of a window by a 3 year old and lost in the bushes?

You simply Go and find it, hence the name of the HMD. 😉

Ay thang yaw.

junglelions
Honored Guest
I'm having the exact same issue. My Go controller just decided one day to unpair itself, I repaired it but it then said "Critical battery level 0%" so I put a new battery in it, repaired it and it said "Critical battery level 0%" and no matter what I do it just says "Critical battery level 0%" regardless of which make of AA battery I use....it's just stuck on that error and I've tried all the usual stuff...