cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Controller

Magnus81
Explorer
The Controller of the Oculus Go has a few issues. One is that the Touchpad is not working as it should. Is it possible to replace it with another 3 dof Controller?
6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey @Magnus81, I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your Go controller. Please contact support here if you need any help. There are replacement Go controllers available for sale on the Go accessories page as well. Thanks! -Rick
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

zague1011
Honored Guest
I can't get the Go controller to work with Unreal 4.24 and, now, 4.25. The bindings (as set on the input page in the project settings) which are now specific to the Go are mostly ignored in the gameplay. I will have some hint that a click is detected, but it won't trigger anything. I went back to 4.23.1 where bindings work as generic motion controller inputs. I understand from postings elsewhere that this problem is shared. Is there a solution. This simply prohibits me from using the latest versions of the Unreal engine.  Thanks! 

zague1011
Honored Guest
I can't set parameters for the Fixed Foveated Rendering (FFR) in Unreal 4.23.1 as it is shown here and elsewhere, because I can't either make the corresponding node show up in a blueprint or set its level in the projects settings as it is suggested here (Projetct Settings > Plugins > OculusVR). I don't see the OculusVR item in Project Settings > Plugins to start with. Maybe this has all changed in the latest versions of UE. I just can't find a clear reference for that either.
Thanks!

Magnus81
Explorer
Hey Support, this is not an answer to my Question. I want to replace the shitty Oculus Go controler with a good controler. One with an analog stick instead of a touchpad. Is that possible?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

Magnus81 said:

Hey Support, this is not an answer to my Question. I want to replace the shitty Oculus Go controler with a good controler. One with an analog stick instead of a touchpad. Is that possible?

The Go controller is what it is.  Far from perfect but once you get used to it it’s not all that bad imho.  If you want/need sticks the Xbox one wireless gamepad works well with many Go apps.  You just need to check apps on the Oculus Go store to see which support gamepads.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Magnus81
Explorer
The Touchpad of the Controller is not working properly. I don't want a Gamepad. I want a 3 dof Controller. 
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?