cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Kiosk Mode

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
Is it possible to put the Go into a Kiosk mode, as in to only play a single application automatically upon turning on the device.

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision
109 REPLIES 109

REALITY_AGENCY
Explorer
Need kiosk mode as well !

Niek030
Explorer
+1

LiquidPZA
Honored Guest
This is pretty insane that they didn't prepare for the inevitability of this need. I'm working in the education sector with a university that's looking into large scale implementation of VR hardware, and we're already having these problems with the Go's that have been purchased. It just seems so obvious to roll something out, though they must have some kind of internal reasoning for not implementing an update for those of us in need of such a feature. Regardless of these potential internal reasons, it's still ridiculous. 

nothingad
Explorer

LiquidPZA said:

This is pretty insane that they didn't prepare for the inevitability of this need. I'm working in the education sector with a university that's looking into large scale implementation of VR hardware, and we're already having these problems with the Go's that have been purchased. It just seems so obvious to roll something out, though they must have some kind of internal reasoning for not implementing an update for those of us in need of such a feature. Regardless of these potential internal reasons, it's still ridiculous. 

Maybe they say something about the feature when they release the ScreenMirror Thing end of September. It would make the Go a much better device. I'll Experiment with some Workarounds next week! 
get in touch www.david-schuetze.de

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have received informal communications that they are working on re purposing the store demo software to address this but nothing formal has been announced. Sounds rather half-hearted to me but I guess gaming and social media are the name of the game.  😕

MorbidDonkey
Heroic Explorer

I have received informal communications that they are working on re purposing the store demo software to address this but nothing formal has been announced. Sounds rather half-hearted to me but I guess gaming and social media are the name of the game.  😕

I wouldn't say that it isn't a priority. Gaming essentially is what it all has started with, but there are other markets they are beginning to put an emphasis on. Their Oculus Connect sessions are at least telling that story as I see it.
-: MorbidDonkey :- =================================== LOGISTICS - Oculus Prototype 1

OPP360
Honored Guest
+1

undef_dev
Protege
Download: OculusGoKioskMode.exe here: https://oculusgokioskmode.tweaklab.org/

Update! (Thu Sep 13 2018) Now includes Windows 10 installation helper

VISIONSBOX
Honored Guest
I have the problem that my app keeps crashing when opened using OculusKioskMode. Is there anything I need to do to enable an app being eligable as a startup app?

Also: Has the linux version of this tool been discontinued?

nothingad
Explorer
@undef_dev 
Hey there, nice tool you made there. Playing around with the Demo. I just have one Little iusse. When i press the home button, the screen turns black and it is not switching back to the app. 
I have to put the GO in Sleep and wake it up again to continue in the app. 
Best regards nad
get in touch www.david-schuetze.de