cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Kiosk Mode

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
Is it possible to put the Go into a Kiosk mode, as in to only play a single application automatically upon turning on the device.

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision
109 REPLIES 109

Hyper_active
Explorer
You can try this video player on the store now, which can act like a kiosk mode. No need to have a controller, just let the video play and then when you pass the headset to someone else it restarts the video.
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/go/1978400832224524

VISIONSBOX
Honored Guest
What prevents it from going to standby and killing the app after some time?

hponda
Honored Guest

undef_dev said:

Download: OculusGoKioskMode.exe here: https://oculusgokioskmode.tweaklab.org/

Update! (Thu Sep 13 2018) Now includes Windows 10 installation helper

Hey, thanks for sharing this... does it work with Oculus Rift, any idea?

Hyper_active
Explorer

hponda said:

undef_dev said:

Based on the name of the software "Oculus Go Kiosk Mode", and the package that it installs ".APK" I'm going to assume it does not support Rift. But on the other hand that's a good request. 

undef_dev
Protege
I have just installed the KioskMode on a headset with the newest update (159390.2710.0). It was working like it should. Also this new "Auto Sleep" feature is compatible with our solution. You can now skip the first button press most of the time! (Except after a reboot or short power button press). :blush:
Please use the Contact Form on our webpage if you have some questions or issues.

undef_dev
Protege

hponda said:

undef_dev said:

No it is only working with the OculusGo.

Philzooomez
Honored Guest
Hi, I installed the KioskMode app, it seems to be working fine, but -
as other users in this forum - when the Oculus button is pressed I get a
black screen that turns off only afer exiting sleeping mode. So I can't
use this mode, and of course I won't buy it, disabling the oculus button is the main (only ?) interest of a kiosk mode... Any idea ?

BlueVolcano
Honored Guest
I have had the kiosk mode working for the last 2 weeks.
Today we had to deploy to several new devices and the kiosk mode now does not work with any of them, including the original test device. Well, Kiosk mode works (i can see the watermark on the demo version and the buttons work) but my app no longer starts (and I can't get anywhere to start it). 
My thoughts are that there was a software update recently that may have stopped this, which would explain why it only started to happen once the new devices were turned on and synched to the phone app. I did notice a new screen asking permission for Kiosk to appear over other apps when it did start though.

william4ever2
Explorer
Can confirm, the kiosk mode implementation by tweaklab is now broken on our end aswell. If anyone has it working after
 3.55 update, please let us now here?

Oculus would you PLEASE consider adding some kind of native implementation of kiosk mode? If anyone is looking for an alternativ quick fix: HTC Vive Focus has this feature built in... 

Some of my projects involving Oculus Go hardware are massively impaired by not having a reliable kiosk mode: holding back revenue and opportunities for me and my business and also bulk orders for more headsets from Oculus on behalf of these clients. Including museums and hospitals who use VR in situations where accidentally exiting into the Oculus OS is absolutely detrimental to the customer experience.  

undef_dev
Protege
Some devices still have issues with the Oculus update 3.55 and our KioskMode. We are working on a bugfix. Until we have a new update, please try to prevent any automatic update and do not connect your devices with the Internet. @oculus would be nice to get informed about updates.