cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go: My credit card was charged but the download of the game fails.

Jojo2019
Honored Guest

Hello,

I own an Oculus Go for 2 years and I  can't download paid games anymore for about 2 weeks. 

My credit card was charged but the download of the game fails ( e.g. Zombie Rush)- it stops half way ( 31MB of 96MB) or doesn't start at all.

Even earlier paid and played games which I deleted from the Oculus Go memory  two month ago, can't be downloaded now.

But A few games  can  be downoaded and installed, so I think there is a problem with the server.

I need. help.

Kind regards from Munich, Germany

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jojo2019! We understand you're having an issue downloading your games that you purchased. We know how concerning this must be for you, and we want to help you resolve this issue. Please try performing a factory reset by following these steps:

From the headset:

1. Hold down 'DOWN volume' + 'power' from a powered off status

• This will boot into the USB Update Mode menu
  • Press volume button to move selection, press power button to make the selection

2. Select Factory Reset

If you are still having this problem after this, please submit a support ticket with our team here. One of our agents will be happy to look into your options. 👍

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I am having the same issue. I also cannot load webpages on oculus.com for Apps and Games. Just getting a loading icon and have tried using different web browsers,  opera, opera gx, bravo and google chrome. So I am not able to purchase any new games!!!!

Hey friends! We appreciate you all for bringing this ongoing issue to our attention. It has been brought to our attention about how our gamers are unable to use the 'oculus.com' browser. Our team is working hard on getting this issue fixed and we will make sure to update our gamer family once this is handled. 

We would like to invite the both of you to a private message, we will be able to work one-on-one with you and provide you with the proper solution you need at this time. We know how important this is, so we hope to hear back from you soon!

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Stay blessed! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Im seeing the same issue reported here on both Oculus Go and Gear VR. There are lots of games Ive downloaded some of which Ive paid for on the store. Some install and work fine but others never fully download. When you try to download the games the download just stops at a certain percentage and dosent continue.
These games do not download fully:
Kryptcrawler + (sneak peak demo)
Rococo
LYHO
Gogglebox
Space Battle
Temple Run VR
Okyeonjeongsa

NuVision

Zion Narrows

Mysteries of China Great wall
Imageen Terraco

Is there any way to install these games? Its putting my off of buying any more Oculus Go / Gear VR games because the downloads are so unreliable, and I dont want to keep asking for refunds.

Hey @johnny_programmer, we hate to hear you've been having issues downloading games onto your Go. We want to do everything we can to help you out, but feel it is also important to let you know that support for the Oculus Go has ended. Basically, that means there aren't any more active updates, and therefore apps may start losing compatibility. That may be what is happening here, but we still want to help troubleshoot to the best of our ability!

Here are some troubleshooting steps we would recommend here:

• Check that you have enough storage space available on your headset. To download an app successfully, we recommend having twice the amount of space available as what is needed by the app itself.
  • Power cycle your headset.
  • Re-pair your headset to your phone.
  • As a last step, perform a factory reset.

You may also want to reach out to the developers of the apps you are having trouble installing to see if they have any specific information to help. If you go through all of those troubleshooting steps and are still unable to install those apps, it is most likely that they are just no longer compatible. While support for the Oculus Go has ended, we hope you can still find plenty of experiences, wonder, and fun with the apps that continue to thrive on the Oculus Go, and hope to continue to see you in the Metaverse.

Ok thanks for your reply. I don't mind so much for free games, but games that are paid for that don't download, probably ought to be removed from the store, otherwise people will just buy them fail to download and then request a refund. - Thanks I'll try your suggestions