cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Not Turning on after Factory Reset

conor_carroll_7
Honored Guest
The Problem That we are having is the Oculus Go won't turn on after Factory Reset last week. I Tried Everything, and it not work, I was Removing an account from it, after the factory reset It only showing the Oculus Logo. It turned into a brick. It also showing the Orange Light.
12 REPLIES 12

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please contact us for assistance. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

vmatrix
Explorer
@cybereality Wont it be nice if company comes up with a fix available to all, instead every other day asking people to contact support. Its now a very known issue and common problem faced by many across the globe. Who are denied support due to some strange company policies.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, I understand. We probably will have to do a warranty replacement, that's why I asked to contact us. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

vmatrix
Explorer
@cybereality : I wish your warranty replacement was that easy. I have a ticket id 628355, let see what best your team can do. Having said that for now, i am able to login into ocuclus site, forum, but it would not allow me to log into tickets.oculusvr.com , this is what happens when you have different softwares that are not in sync with user details. 😞
Lot more needed to be done in ensuring better integration.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Problem That we are having is the Oculus Go won't turn on after Factory Reset last week. I Tried Everything, and it not work, I was Removing an account from it, after the factory reset It only showing the Oculus Logo. It turned into a brick. It also showing the Orange Light.

I found that once you do the factory reset, it then needs to update to the latest firmware. I used my phone to do the factory reset, and it tells you to wait while it updates. Takes a few minutes. Not sure if that's exactly what you're experiencing, but it sounds like it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem is quite simple if you put into the right two words: Closed sources!
While other big players in the Android games have no issues to provide firmwares for their customers, Oculus forces us to hope nothing ever goes wrong.
If my phone or tablet crack the §$%&" and won't work proerly anymore then I just install the firmware fresh and am ready to go after putting my backup on it.
Worst case means about 2 hours of work.
For a GO the story is a few days of support talks, sending the thing in and waiting to get it back one day.

I mean: Oculus does block updates anyway, so doing them properly in the background and without the need for a paired device would prevent all this.
Same of course for the most obvious: Providing download links to install the firmware through the recovery using a USB stick.
Since the GO came out I see the factory reset brick problem about once a week somewhere.
Not so much of a support problem but more a problem of product quality.
I had a real lot of Android devices over the years but so far not a single one that turned itself into a brick through a firmware update or factory reset ROFL

Avalon29
Honored Guest
I’m having the same problem, and I’m fed up of waiting for the support team to get back to me. I bought it second hand and it worked fine till I did a factory reset, now it’s dead!! All I’m getting is a flashing orange light when it’s charging. I’ve tried holding the button down for ages, please has anyone ever got it fixed and how? 

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Is it still tied to the person you bought it from (their account) did you manage to install all updates and can you still access the store on your phone?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Avalon29
Honored Guest

Techy111 said:

Is it still tied to the person you bought it from (their account) did you manage to install all updates and can you still access the store on your phone?

Yes when I got it, it did it’s updates when I bought it and I played with it and it was working fine till I did a factory reset and I can still use the app on my phone, but the device wont start and I know it was fully charged! The only life I’m getting is a flashing orange light when you plug it in, have you got any ideas I’m desperate!!