cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Stuck on "USB Update Mode." Help!!!

SirKibbles
Honored Guest

No matter what I click on (Factory Reset, Exit & Boot, Sideloading, etc. . .), it always comes back after five seconds to "USB Update Mode." Is there anyone out there who can help me? My dad bought this for me even though he was laid off because of Covid and I feel so bad because of the cost.

2 REPLIES 2

richarddog.2023
Honored Guest

I am having this same issue as well. Did you find a fix by chance?

Hey hey, @richarddog.2023! We just wanted to hop on by to try and lend a hand with this USB Update Mode error you're receiving. We know how this can really hinder your gameplay, so that we can get to the bottom of this can you please try the following steps one last time. We know this can seem a little tedious however this will help us rule out all steps done so if you could try the following: 

• Turn off your Oculus Go.
  • Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.
  • Login to the Oculus app with the account you'd like to connect to your Oculus Go headset and set your device up from scratch.

Once this is done and the issues still persists, feel free to reach out to us via our support page and we will try our best to help resolve this issue. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!