cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

fungusman
Protege
Moderator Update from @OculusSupport

Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features:
-Download manager
I sometimes will have 4-5 things downloading at once but then change my mind after a few minutes and would like to pause the download, see whats been completed, or cancel all at once. Maybe look at STEAM for inspiration on how to do this.

-REMOVE POP UPS
or have a setting to change them. I was mid game of something and I died in game because the popup was covering the targets I was supposed to be hitting. Also I was watching startrek on netflix and a "download complete"  pop up would be stuck on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Maybe voice to speach "Download Complete" or SOMETHING to remedy this annoying nag screen.

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

232 REPLIES 232

edmg
Trustee
I"d like to get a notification from the phone app when the headset is fully charged. Saves having to manually check.

Otherwise, the trackpad feels way too sensitive: particularly in Netflix, I keep selecting things when I just want to scroll around the screen. It makes the UI a chore.

Roaster
Rising Star

edmg said:

I"d like to get a notification from the phone app when the headset is fully charged. Saves having to manually check.

Otherwise, the trackpad feels way too sensitive: particularly in Netflix, I keep selecting things when I just want to scroll around the screen. It makes the UI a chore.

A temporary fix is to use your other hand to fan the t pad. I just can't go up and down reliably without selecting things, as you say.
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

Anonymous
Not applicable
"-Dashboard clock" there is one on the dash board already.

Tpfitz
Protege
Gallery needs a “go back”  button that goes back to your ..... gallery (when your viewing a photo or video)

The actual “back” controller button goes goes back to dashboard.

fungusman
Protege
Some more things I notice.

1. When watching videos in browser, centering the rift doesnt work. So if I'm laying down and I watch a video, on some video streaming sites I need to sit up to see what is going on. Same goes for the native Go video player. I've downloaded some videos and can center the orientation of the video.

2. I do agree the controller on netflix app is a bit wonky. Also, you can't center the screen so how am I supposed to watch start trek laying down? Sorry John 😐 

Crazy experimental ideas:
Maybe add a crappy speaker to the controller (like a wiimote) that you can "ping" via a button on the headset. Maybe voice command "MARCO!" and the controller says "POLLO" lol. This is so we can find the controller without taking off the headset. This is super specific and weird, but I thought I would just throw it out there incase the devs are interested.

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
If you want to watch Star Trek lying down in Netflix, click on "Void Theater" on the top left end of the mantle.

L_E_D_BLUE
Expert Protege

If you want to watch Star Trek lying down in Netflix, click on "Void Theater" on the top left end of the mantle.

I wish it were possible to make the background black instead of grey. The browser does this and it is great.

fungusman
Protege
Another suggestion (or feature I don't know how to use) I am at work trying to buy apps from my rift (which is at home charging on a shelf). It's saying I need to make a PIN. In the account settings I only see pin options for pairing the device. IT would be cool if I can just buy apps on my phone and it would auto download them for me. It's connected to my wifi right now so I don't see why it can't do this. The rift at home is linked to my account on my phone. You can do this on google play 😛

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee
BTW guys, how do Oculus GO connect to internet to watch netflix and download games/apps? Wifi?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

BTW guys, how do Oculus GO connect to internet to watch netflix and download games/apps? Wifi?

WiFi, sir.