cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

fungusman
Protege
Moderator Update from @OculusSupport

Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features:
-Download manager
I sometimes will have 4-5 things downloading at once but then change my mind after a few minutes and would like to pause the download, see whats been completed, or cancel all at once. Maybe look at STEAM for inspiration on how to do this.

-REMOVE POP UPS
or have a setting to change them. I was mid game of something and I died in game because the popup was covering the targets I was supposed to be hitting. Also I was watching startrek on netflix and a "download complete"  pop up would be stuck on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Maybe voice to speach "Download Complete" or SOMETHING to remedy this annoying nag screen.

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

232 REPLIES 232

LZoltowski
Champion

fungusman said:

Another suggestion (or feature I don't know how to use) I am at work trying to buy apps from my rift (which is at home charging on a shelf). It's saying I need to make a PIN. In the account settings I only see pin options for pairing the device. IT would be cool if I can just buy apps on my phone and it would auto download them for me. It's connected to my wifi right now so I don't see why it can't do this. The rift at home is linked to my account on my phone. You can do this on google play 😛

It works for me, I can download and install apps from my phone, they automatically appear on my GO as long as it's in standby mode.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
A way to get a direct wireless stream from the phone camera to the headset.  Have the option to snap to phone view via voice command. 

😉 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Pickleschlitz
Expert Protege
One better than that... A way to stream live video from the Theta S to the headset

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

Zenbane said:

BTW guys, how do Oculus GO connect to internet to watch netflix and download games/apps? Wifi?

WiFi, sir.

Ok, great, I've just ordered it from Oculus website direct, from USA to UK. Hope it comes quick! 🙂

When I originally saw this been developed and then released I was like, why are they making this? Who is it for? And I wasn't going to bother, but then after reading all the good reviews on the optics, resolution, FOV, god rays etc, and everybody saying how good it is to watch Netflix, I thought that sounds good, I can watch Netflix on holiday and in bed with this and also be good to show this to all my family and friends. So I decided to buy it tonight, I went for 64gb version just in case and paid £250.

One last question, so you said this uses WIFI, does that also mean we can use WIFI hotspotting from our phones? I'm going to Norway/Oslo in July for a 1 week holiday and the hotel says it has WIFI but my normal experience with hotel WIFI isn't very good so if I can hotspot from my phone that would be awesome.

Thanks for answering my questions.
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

Anonymous
Not applicable

One better than that... A way to stream live video from the Theta S to the headset

Or from the Gear 360 or the Lenovo Mirage Cam (this only does 180) or the Moka 360... I really want a real world view sooner than later.

fungusman
Protege
Dropbox suggestions:

Better Dropbox Navigation. I have a pro account, and I at least a100+ folders in it. Scrolling all the way to the right (because folders in Oculus are sorted by creation date!) is super annoying. I hit the home button by mistake and had to do the whole thing over again. IDEALLY a "Favorite" folder would be best (the one folder I made for Oculus use).

It would be cool if you could COPY YOUR RECORDINGS from the Oculus to your dropbox folder as well.

ElectronSpray
Protege

Zenbane said:
I use Alexa in VR for timers and reminders. Highly recommended; although it would be cool to have that feature in VR itself.

I do love that you called your GO a Rift, btw.
🙂

How do you use alexa? Thanks

sukhjeets
Explorer

Zenbane said:

BTW guys, how do Oculus GO connect to internet to watch netflix and download games/apps? Wifi?

WiFi, sir.

Ok, great, I've just ordered it from Oculus website direct, from USA to UK. Hope it comes quick! 🙂

When I originally saw this been developed and then released I was like, why are they making this? Who is it for? And I wasn't going to bother, but then after reading all the good reviews on the optics, resolution, FOV, god rays etc, and everybody saying how good it is to watch Netflix, I thought that sounds good, I can watch Netflix on holiday and in bed with this and also be good to show this to all my family and friends. So I decided to buy it tonight, I went for 64gb version just in case and paid £250.

One last question, so you said this uses WIFI, does that also mean we can use WIFI hotspotting from our phones? I'm going to Norway/Oslo in July for a 1 week holiday and the hotel says it has WIFI but my normal experience with hotel WIFI isn't very good so if I can hotspot from my phone that would be awesome.

Thanks for answering my questions.

Yes - you can connect it to your phone hotspot.

yungbuddha
Honored Guest
It would be great to have downloads managed from the app before we put on the Go.

CowboyRog
Protege

thlong399 said:

Zenbane said:
I use Alexa in VR for timers and reminders. Highly recommended; although it would be cool to have that feature in VR itself.

I do love that you called your GO a Rift, btw.
🙂

How do you use alexa? Thanks

Curious minds want to know.
I use Alexa a lot and would love to know how you do it.