cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go Suggestions Thread / New UserVoice channel for feedback

fungusman
Protege
Moderator Update from @OculusSupport

Hey everyone - Just wanted to jump in here real quick and make a plug for the Oculus UserVoice channel. We recently added an Oculus Go section to the site to better collect and organize all the great feedback that is coming in. If you have an idea or feature request for Oculus Go, leaving it on our UserVoice page is a great way to make your voice heard. Just be sure to take a quick look to see if the idea has been previously submitted! Duplicate ideas result in split votes and make it harder for us to track what the true most requested features are. Thanks in advance and keep the awesome feedback coming!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some suggestions for the devs if they need ideas for future software features:
-Download manager
I sometimes will have 4-5 things downloading at once but then change my mind after a few minutes and would like to pause the download, see whats been completed, or cancel all at once. Maybe look at STEAM for inspiration on how to do this.

-REMOVE POP UPS
or have a setting to change them. I was mid game of something and I died in game because the popup was covering the targets I was supposed to be hitting. Also I was watching startrek on netflix and a "download complete"  pop up would be stuck on the screen for what seemed like an eternity. Maybe voice to speach "Download Complete" or SOMETHING to remedy this annoying nag screen.

-Dashboard clock
IT would be nice to have a clock somewhere to bring up. If I'm cooking food or something and need to check if ten minutes have gone by or WHATEVER it would be cool to be able to see what time it is. Or to even keep track of the passage of time so I don't spend all fricking night on damn thing lol. BONUS REQUEST: A stop watch or timer. I say this becuase this is a pick up and play device, and if I'm doing laundry or something it would be cool to have something like this. SURE I could use my phone, but if I have my headphones in or something I won't notice, nor do I want to take the headset off to futz around with this.
-Quick Screen Off button
If I'm downloading a ton of stuff, I want to put the headset down. There should be a way to turn the display off but allow background downloading. I'm not sure if it is already doing this, because there is no download manager to keep track of whats going on. A "turn off rift after downloading and installing" mode (like PS3 does) would be cool too.

232 REPLIES 232

inovator
Consultant
Does anyone know if it's dangerous to use an external battery to make games and etc. last longer because of the lithium battery?

MzUniverse
Explorer
Please allow us to be able to message oculus friends. If I am in a app I have to come out and call a friend to get their attention. A message system would be great. Also quotes by our name would be great too. For example, I am busy or back in a hour etc. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

inovator said:

Does anyone know if it's dangerous to use an external battery to make games and etc. last longer because of the lithium battery?

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam on this forum. I'm surprised that your search didn't find numerous previous discussions. Briefly, Oculus doesn't recommend it, numerous users do it, if you choose to use an external battery with CPU intensive applications you may get warnings that indicate that the Go is over heating.

Also, this is off topic for this discussion. Please be more circumspect in the future.

StayPuft83
Protege

Have a clock and battery meters on the underside of the Oculus Go controller in VR. That way we don’t have to pause/exit an app to see the information.

Ooo! I love that idea! That would be pretty helpful if they had a way to include that with any apps that are using an on screen controller anyway. For example, I watch Netflix from my Oculus Go all the time, and it has the Go Controller in the app. As it is currently, if I am curious of the time or my charge level, I have to pause what I am watching and go back to the home screen. I'd love it if I could just peek at the controller and get that info. ::smile:

inovator
Consultant
The battery issue was not off topic. This is the oculus go suggestion thread. The numerous battery discussions were when the go 1st came out. I wanted opinions of people who have been using external batteries many months after it came out. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

inovator said:

The battery issue was not off topic. This is the oculus go suggestion thread. The numerous battery discussions were when the go 1st came out. I wanted opinions of people who have been using external batteries many months after it came out. 

Then you should have started a discussion with your question as the topic rather than having your question buried in a discussion about suggestions for changes or additions to the Oculus Go hardware or user interface. Or was that too much of an innovation for you. 8^D

inovator
Consultant
You are 100% in the wrong.

xmnk
Explorer
I'd love to see some sort of IPD adjustment added to the Oculus Gallery player. I have eyestrain problems with certain videos. Also, 72hz playback option for all videos would be real nice (i find 60fps videos play in 60hz mode on my Go). Additionally, a basic video/image manipulation option would be welcome (for changing contrast levels, saturation, various playback aspects etc)

Anonymous
Not applicable
A browser which you can resize (like Firefox Reality) and also zoom the size of the content/fonts would be great. Of course it should have a concave and centered screen (unlike Firefox Reality). Bookmarks would be great and should be able to sync or at least to import from the most common browser or from an html-file. 

8bitBiologist
Explorer
Hi! Just got the Go a couple of days ago. Some suggestions from my experiences;

Could you combine the Oculus Rooms and Oculus TV Apps into one?

In a future device, or maybe in this device, support a hand tracking module like the Leap Motion or uSens Fingo. Then integrate hand controls for the interface and apps. More importantly, make apps such as Messenger and maybe an email app available, since we could type much more easily.

VR Desktop app.

Thanks!!