Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Go with MS Flight Simulator 2020

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I have an Oculus Go and want to use it with the MS Flight Simulator 2020. I
could not make it, the Flight Simulator does not recognize the VR set. OpenXR seems to be installed. I think
the Oculus Go is compatible with the Flight Simulator. Is there a step by step instruction for non experts. Thank you very much. Bernhard

5 REPLIES 5

kojack
MVP
MVP
Are you using Virtual Desktop? That's about the only way a PC game like Flight Sim might display on a Go. But I don't know if Virtual Desktop supports OpenXR which Flight Sim needs. (Googling around, I can't find any reference to OpenXR on Virtual Desktop).
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Anonymous
Not applicable
No. I don't. Microsoft says "Microsoft Flight Simulator is compatible with headsets that support
OpenXR such as Windows Mixed Reality headsets, Oculus headsets, SteamVR
headsets." And there is a VR Setting in the Flight Simulator. It works with the Oculus Quest (Youtube) but how does it work wit the Oculus Go.
Thank you kojack for your answer.

kojack
MVP
MVP
The Go doesn't have OpenXR, only the Rift and Quest got it. Plus even if it did, it would still be Android mobile OpenXR, not PC Windows 10 OpenXR.

To use it with a Quest, you need the Link cable or Virtual Desktop. But there's no Link cable feature for the Go, so the only option would be video streaming using the Go version of Virtual Desktop. But as I said, I don't know if Virtual Desktop even supports OpenXR games, I've only seen it used with SteamVR and Oculus games.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
You may be able to do this, who knows?
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusGo/comments/f6u7fp/oculus_go_is_now_working_in_xplane_11_using_alvr/
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you both for your kind support.