cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Official Oculus Go Casting Feedback

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please share your feedback for the Oculus Go casting feature. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
77 REPLIES 77

RonnyBullet
Expert Protege
is there a way to disable the red dot you see while casting? its really annoying:(

supportCaritasV
Honored Guest
Casting is trash. Always fails. Most time it freezes or goes black.
Tried out
- Three(!) different Oculus Gos.
- Huawei Mediapad T5
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017
- Huawei Smartphones
- Trekstor Tablet P10

What to do and which devices will work?

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star

h.r.gargi said:

Hi! I tried the casting feature on my Huawei PC10 lite with Android 8. The cast freezes there after 5 to 6 seconds. On an iphone it works correctly. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Anybody with the same problem?

I have the Honor View10, I think it's the same phone. Casting from my GO also made my Mobile screen freeze after 5-6 secs, interestingly the same thing happens when I cast from my Quest as well.
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

coldfirecz
Honored Guest
last post 2019 ..... and any fix ??? rly ? huawei p20 cast freeze after 5-6sec .... THANKS OCULUS SUPPORT for nothing ...

coldfirecz
Honored Guest
answer from oculus support tiket:
As Huawei uses a custom Android OS we cannot guarantee that Casting will
work successfully with their product. As our casting option is still
listed as Beta, this could change in the future.

= same for honor

Anonymous
Not applicable

h.r.gargi said:

Hi! I tried the casting feature on my Huawei PC10 lite with Android 8. The cast freezes there after 5 to 6 seconds. On an iphone it works correctly. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Anybody with the same problem?

I have the same problem. It's terrible. I actually use a kindle fire and Chromecast for my casting.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cast will work for about 5 seconds, and then freeze up. Please help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
My Chromebook won't communicate with my Go. Anyone have an idea why?