cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating problem

purplesammy
Honored Guest

Hi there. So I’m having a problem with my Oculus go overheating.

My partner bought us both a head set each from Amazon. The battery kept draining and if we plugged it into the mains it would say it’s over heated. 

I asked around for advice and we bought battery packs. 

Last night we tried again and less than 2 hours later, we turn it off due to the sign that it was over heating keep appearing. 

What else can we do?

Could we both have been sold broken oculus go’s?

Has anyone else had this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

NovaWildcat92
Honored Guest
I am having overheating problems too... happens ~30 minutes into playing the monopoly game in an Oculus room with a friend.  I keep an ice pack nearby now. I hold it on the front face of the device to cool it down for about 30 seconds or so.

Is there an update in the works that will help this?  

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

I am having overheating problems too... happens ~30 minutes into playing the monopoly game in an Oculus room with a friend.  I keep an ice pack nearby now. I hold it on the front face of the device to cool it down for about 30 seconds or so.

Is there an update in the works that will help this?  

Hey ejdougherty,
it's definitely unusual for the Go to overheat after 30 minutes.
Please contact support at https://support.oculus.com
so we can look into this for you. Thanks! -Rick

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

CDPPP1980
Honored Guest
First: I've just received my Oculus Go today. I never saw the white light, I started it with an orange light. Afterwards while I was setting it up and installing some applications to explore, a message appeared (an alert) saying that the Oculus was overheating, roughly 30 minutes later on it's first use. What should I do? I went to contact support but it doesn't let me go through the page, just a menu appears suggesting me to search for something... a total mess. This is my first experience with VR.