cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor framerate after pausing and resuming any app with Oculus button

camtynes_PNNL
Explorer
I was just testing out some applications on my Go, and I noticed a new bug. The bug occurs while playing an application and pressing the Oculus button on the controller to pause the game and bring up the "quit/resume" Oculus menu, then clicking on "resume" to go back into the game, upon resuming the framerate in the game begins stuttering. Upon subsequent pause/resume actions, the app begins to stutter harder and harder, running at a very low framerate. At some point after multiple pause/resume actions, upon resuming, the application is back to running at what appears to be smooth framerates. However, continuing to pause and resume using the Oculus hardware pause button, brings the poor framerate and stuttering back into play.

I tested this on multiple applications on multiple headsets and got the same result every single time. 

Oculus Go version is: 8.0.0.135.626.168186885
5 REPLIES 5

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

I was just testing out some applications on my Go, and I noticed a new bug. The bug occurs while playing an application and pressing the Oculus button on the controller to pause the game and bring up the "quit/resume" Oculus menu, then clicking on "resume" to go back into the game, upon resuming the framerate in the game begins stuttering. Upon subsequent pause/resume actions, the app begins to stutter harder and harder, running at a very low framerate. At some point after multiple pause/resume actions, upon resuming, the application is back to running at what appears to be smooth framerates. However, continuing to pause and resume using the Oculus hardware pause button, brings the poor framerate and stuttering back into play.

I tested this on multiple applications on multiple headsets and got the same result every single time. 

Oculus Go version is: 8.0.0.135.626.168186885

Ya, I got the 8.0 update on my Go earlier today and noticed exactly the same thing.  Pretty well need to exit the game and restart rather than pause.  Def a bug!  Since you found it, please submit this to Oculus Support to let them know.  Thanks.

Edit;  I have also filed a support ticket just now.  If more do this, hopefully it will get fixed soon.  Thanks again.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Just got a reply form Oculus Support = usual canned response = do a Factory Reset, lol!  I've told them that this does nothing and they should be able to duplicate this issue themselves.  Need to be fixed asap or at least give Go users the ability to roll back to the more stable 7.0 firmware.

Edit; got another response saying that this issue will be further investigated and I should hear back in 3-5 business days.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

camtynes_PNNL
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Just got a reply form Oculus Support = usual canned response = do a Factory Reset, lol!  I've told them that this does nothing and they should be able to duplicate this issue themselves.  Need to be fixed asap or at least give Go users the ability to roll back to the more stable 7.0 firmware.

Edit; got another response saying that this issue will be further investigated and I should hear back in 3-5 business days.

Hah! The good ole "factory reset" response. I will submit a ticket as well. Glad to know others are experiencing the same problems with 8.0

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Seems a little better today.  Still pretty bad with Dead and Buried, also Merry Snowballs.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Update;
After getting the new 9.00 firmware today this problem seems 99% better.  A couple of games stutter a bit if I hit the oculus button to pause, then resume.  For those games, repeating the pause/resume an extra time seems to sort it out ok.