cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Securing headset straps

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a new GO and the right side head band connection on the headset keeps popping out.  It came adrift two days ago and coincidentally my GO stopped working (would not boot up).  On checking in the booklet that came with the unit I found the correct way to re-attach it.  I did this and lo and behold my unit worked again,  I must admit that I pressed the connection really hard so that it would not loosen again.

My question therefore is:  are the speakers inside the straps and could I have damaged the circuitry in the headset  by pressing an screwing the connection backwards and forwards to keep it attached, and is there any connection that my actions may have inadvertently rectified the problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cybereality
Grand Champion
The sound goes through the plastic part that holds the fabric strap on the side. It's hallow in the middle, so sound flows through the air closer to your ear. The plastic part snaps into the side, you just have to push it back on.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

cybereality
Grand Champion
The arms are not electronic. They just have a tunnel for the audio to pipe through.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable

The arms are not electronic. They just have a tunnel for the audio to pipe through.

Thank you for your reply. The strap is flexible and I can't detect any method of sound transmission in the weave, so how does it work?   Can you suggest a method to keep the strap attached to the headset please?

cybereality
Grand Champion
The sound goes through the plastic part that holds the fabric strap on the side. It's hallow in the middle, so sound flows through the air closer to your ear. The plastic part snaps into the side, you just have to push it back on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes sense now, thank you for your reply.  It seems then that the plastic joint has become strained.