cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the system time

PSE1
Explorer
Hi,

I’m sure there’s an obvious answer to this question, but I can’t find it. How do you reset the system time on the Oculus Go?  Set it up in the US but now want to change it to UK time.

I appreciate any advice!
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or if we happen to change time zones. I haven't looked into it yet but it might be possible from the smart phone app. But it sure would be lame if that was required.

PSE1
Explorer
I wondered about the smartphone app but for iOS at least there doesn’t seem to be an option to change the system time. This is pretty crazy.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
I think you're probably looking for a regional setting to set your time zone, not specifically set your time.  That's probably set based on an internet time server plus or minus your UTC offset.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've submitted a support ticket asking about this.

gotgalf
Expert Protege
You can install Oculus TV, then sideload Appstarter https://github.com/sphinx02/AppStarter.
Appstarter appears in Oculus TV under unknown sources.

In Appstarter, you can open the Android settings dialog.
There you can change the timezone (and set the time manually, if you want).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've submitted a support ticket asking about this.

According to support the Go sets its time by syncing with network time. To quote:
"in order for the time to change on the headset you would have to sync it to the network. Once that's been done you would restart the phone and the headset."
Hope this helps.

ray_luna_3576
Honored Guest
I could not get clock to autoset and could not get the internet due to this. Had to jump on home screen then try to browse and error came up stating my time and date were not correct and could not connect. It looked like white browser screen with error code and blue box appeared on the bottom right stating "Set time and date" It then brought up a time and date settings, I had to enable\allow network to set time and date. I also had the option below to manually set time and date but just enabled auto and it set itself. I also had to jump on another network before this error page would apear. Could not find any other place to set time and date in OS or on app. All working now

Any joy with this. I travel around Europe with the  unit and the store does not work as soon as I exit UK