cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stereoscopic (side by side - SBS) Image Viewer?

tsomek
Explorer
Hello,

I'm looking for a stereoscopic, or side-by-side, or SBS, 360 Image viewer for my new Oculus Go.

The Oculus image viewer doesn't display them correctly unfortunately. At least not side-by-side images, which creates the 3D sense of depth.

Can you please recommend one that does this well?

Many thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

tsomek
Explorer
PS. I had been using this one (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xojot.vrplayer) on my phone, prior to buying the Oculus Go..

TheyCallMeTim
Honored Guest
Samsung VR Video does pics too.  With tons of viewing options (too many, to easy to accidentally change).  I know it works with half width SBS and looks great.  Probably does regular SBS, but I haven't tried.

tsomek
Explorer

Samsung VR Video does pics too.  With tons of viewing options (too many, to easy to accidentally change).  I know it works with half width SBS and looks great.  Probably does regular SBS, but I haven't tried.

Hi, and thanks for the advice.

I tried the Samsung VR Video earlier today, and it didn't quite do the trick.

I shows everything distorted (skewed taller than it should be), and also the view doesn't seem to be "stereo" either..

I will try putting the images on top of each other, instead of side-by-side, in case it works.. (will update)

Having said that, I am really struggling to see how come it is SO difficult to properly display such a standard VR image type on the Oculus GO??

The image is a stereo spherical panorama, as exported by Vray, like this one here: vlxx6w5locn7.jpg

Any other apps that could be up to the task instead?

Many thanks!

tsomek
Explorer

tsomek said:

I will try putting the images on top of each other, instead of side-by-side, in case it works.. (will update)

So I put the images above-under instead of side-by-side and it has now worked - both on the default Oculus Viewer and (a little better on) the Samsung VR.  🙂

Saying that, it seems like everything is a little too-zoomed in.. 😞

I'll investigate further, as in my opinion it needs a larger field-of-view.. (any advice?)