cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Oculus Go VERY IMPORTANT

20_Rydztrom_tra
Honored Guest
I´m a teacher and I have a lesson with my students tomorrow morning and I can´t install my app, who is developed for a special occasion. Please let me know what happened. I heard from my local technical support that Oculus has a problem with a bug. It´s very important for me to get a solution at once. Please come back to me as soon as possible. Best regards, Birgitta
3 REPLIES 3

Heaney-555
Heroic Explorer
What error do you get when you try to install the app?

robbrown2012
Honored Guest
 oculus rift s update cant finish update, gets 1/2 way then stops, then update again, over and over, can anyone help?

kojack
MVP
MVP
A new update (v16) just came out very recently.

If the update is failing to install, my best guess would be to try a factory reset. This will wipe the Go and restore everything to the way that it was out of the box. This might clear out whatever is causing it to fail.
Although be warned that a factory reset will delete everything on it (any installed apps, etc) and even the account. You'll need to set it up again (connect it to a phone, add an account, set up wifi, etc). But it's probably the fastest way to try to fix the issue.
(Note: it won't hurt the account or ownership of any apps you've bought, they will still be fine, it's just wiping the local copy of them from the headset. You can reinstall them once the account is added again.
Here's instructions on how to do it: https://support.oculus.com/166300084150879/

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2