cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using virtual tours with Oculus Go - question

MBVA
Honored Guest

Hello.

I have received Oculus Go for work purposes, and I need to somehow use this device to view 3D virtual tours of several estates.

I create virtual tours based on 360 photos using 3D Vista or Pano2Vr, but I have no idea how to upload/open them using Oculus Go.

For instance, 3D Vista has an app for Oculus Quest which allows this, but it does not support Oculus Go.

Did anyone have the same issue and achieved proper results, being able to view the 360 tour?

Any kind of advice is appreciated, thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Depending on how the content is saved (i.e. as a jpeg, PNG, or other file), you can view it through the Oculus Browser in 180/360 VR if it's uploaded to somewhere like OneDrive, Google Photos, etc. Do you know what projection type the file is in (cube map, equirectangular, etc.)? From what I've seen, the Gallery app only supports equirectangular projections, so you would need to find a way to export your tour in such a way. 

3D Vista has the option for exporting as an equirectangular projection according to their KB, at least for their panoramas. It seems that there are only 2 ways listed in their KB for exporting and viewing virtual tours, one of which won't work because of the requirement to run an executable for downloading the files. If you can find a way to upload to an ftp or hosting service to play the virtual tour online, you may be able to view it that way. Other 3D Vista users have found ways to upload their virtual tours straight to YouTube, that way you can view it anywhere, anytime, with 180/360 VR viewing support. Plenty of videos that you can follow online for how to do so.

Hope this helps!

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably

Thank you for your reply!

I eventually found the method you've mentioned, when a tour is loaded through an FTP to some hosting.

However, I also found out that Pano2VR software has a working app for Oculus Go which is VR Tourviewer which allows offline tour vieweing for Pano2VR tours.

So I will try both options at the end.

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Awesome! Glad you got it figured out. Hopefully one of those 2 options works out for you.

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably