cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What features would you suggest for an Oculus Go Kiosk mode?

Anonymous
Not applicable
FieldOfVision would like it to be possible to put the Go into a Kiosk mode, as in to only play a single application automatically upon turning on the device. 

What features would you suggest for an Oculus Go Kiosk mode?
How should it be configured?
Should it be password protected?
What are your thoughts?

25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are mulitple ways to go for this:
- Customize the oculus home, to only show the launch button for specific apps and very basic setting like volume and brightness
- Require password to leave current app and return to oculus home
- Auto launch into an application on start up, and only allow restarting the app, but not leaving.

For me personally it doens't how it it implemented. I simply need to restrict user (especially ones that are nor familiar with the hardware) from doing things that require staff to "fix" the device after using it

Woolax
Explorer
For me, what I need is:
- Auto-launch app when booting
- Being able to launch another apps, and then return to kiosk app
- Limit the settings the user can access to
- Exit of kiosk mode through password

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kiosk mode should:
  • Lock the running App
  • Not return to Oculus Home by home button
  • Not poweroff by powerbutton
  • Ask for leaving the App by pressing the Power-Button
  • Be Password protected or not

undef_dev
Protege
as long as we can set the own app as launcher with adb and then the device directly boots into it, i only need to have the option to disable the "Enter VR" welcome screen.

FieldOfVision
Heroic Explorer
I agree with the above. The ability to set the device in a single app mode without any way to get to the Oculus home page. Additional elements on this are a bonus, such a password protection and any other prompts.

Latest VR game: Crazy Kung Fu
Other games: www.FieldOf.Vision

justiceinc
Protege
I need really only two settings for kiosk mode:
- launch a single app when the user turns it on (can also be turned off by the user)
- Home button can be remapped to not go to Oculus home, but perform other feature, like Help menu

Then I will buy a large amount of Oculus Go systems (or whatever VR system delivers this essential feature)

lord_of_shred
Adventurer
I need:
- Possibility to load a specified application after the device is turned on
- Disable methods for the home button

I'd love to have:
- A watchdog service that checks if the specified application is still running, if not to restart it

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need:
- Possibility to load a specified application after the device is turned on
- Disable methods for the home button

I'd love to have:
- A watchdog service that checks if the specified application is still running, if not to restart it

Add to this: Configuration of the kiosk mode from a USB drive that is configured to install on boot for fast stand alone setup.

Luzido
Honored Guest
just wanted to say that a kiosk mode is really needed and would be awesome. thanks 🙂