cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the Oculus Go ads?

Osoroshii
Explorer
I’ve lived through many products launches over the years and enjoy some clever marketing. Everything from the “Hi, I’m a Mac” to “Nintendon’t” we would get a sense of the products. For a few years there has been very limited VR advertising. If the Oculus Go is going to be the mainstream device to attract the general public in they need to advertise. 

So let’s have some fun and think up some commercial ideas for the Oculus Go. What would your commercial look like?
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes indeed. I only got to know about the Go through the newsletter of an IT journal. If mainstream is their target, where is the heavy advertising necessary to reach The Masses? TV, daily papers ...? The Go will officially reach local stores on June 26 - and who will hear about it? And no, word of mouth will not it for you. I really think the Go is a neat little device which has enabled me at long last to enter VR and to have hours of fun, after 6  weeks it still drops my jaw. Please, pleeeease people at Oculus, enable people on a wide level to get to know the fun potential of VR by making all those people aware of it! Those tons of people don't read newsletters of IT journals or enter "stand alone vr" into Google. Surely your ultimate aim must be to to make some money out of it, so will sou please invest in some widespread Advertising!?

LZoltowski
Champion
Oculus GO is not fully launched yet. It's only available through oculus.com outside of the US, this will change on June 26th where it will be available at retail locations in a few more countries, however not worldwide yet. I believe it's a soft launch for now, and will ramp up towards the holiday quarter towards the end of the year.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, it will be available from June 26 in my country, and so far advertising here has been zero.

Failrunner
Heroic Explorer
I was kinda wondering this but I don't watch cable so for all I know their could be commercials on tv or something. Guess not. They could still air commercials in supported countries. The average consumer will be clueless if they don't know the product exists.