cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial number issue

NickBoy420
Honored Guest

so my son been begging me for a oculus for christmas that i just cant afford. i found one today for cheap at a pawn shop and bought it for him. he is gonna be so happy. so i wanted to test it just to make sure it works and i downloaded the app on my phone and when i was setting it up it said that the serial number is linked to another account and to go to oculus.com to fix the issue. any help would be very appreciated please. thankyou

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, 

We are so happy to hear that you and your son joined the Oculus family! We can't wait for you to be able to explore all that VR has to offer. 

We recommend you factory reset the device and attempt setting it up again. 

To factory reset your Quest 2: 

• Turn off your headset.

• Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.

• Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.

• Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If you are still experiencing this issue after the reset, we would love to investigate this matter further with you via a support ticket

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!