cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DreamShapers sketch book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Medium is a fantastic experience, before I keep adding sculpts, decided it's time to start a sketchbook.  Will start with a bit of a retrospective, and more or less start at the beginning and with any luck, keep at it for years.  Here's a carousel I made a few months ago, to see the creations up to that point.

Two Year Anniversary Update (mostly sequential with annual highlights)

41cesgktb9ey.jpg

Earlier part of this post, carousel built inside medium with snapshots, from way back when we just met
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UahalLb04TU&feature=youtu.be
403 REPLIES 403

Anonymous
Not applicable

P3nT4gR4m said:

Dude, nightmare! Hope you get sorted soon

Seriously!  Think I'm getting the shakes over here!  Fortunately, a bit of luck my way, and the package is en route.   Hoping that resolves the issue, and gets here before I completely lose my mind.  Why they don't have an overnight shipping option is beyond my comprehension... 

Edit:  Have this in my possession now.  Works.  Excited.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hb88oe5xe7p8.pngys6s7rr5k8w4.png
0dapik1da024.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Character sketch, still working on details/lighting,
ovn4gnwv0k5b.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Current project.  Plan on working on the environment more, detailing the boots, may build out a dungeon scene, will see.
5ac2e6oo9hix.png3065vqr5vbdn.pngiju4ugbueezg.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
This guy's been through a lot of background adjustments.  Haven't really processed them all, but  this closeup caught my eye.  Doesn't really show the scope of the thing, although I find the color balance interesting
td3orwkx0ewt.png

LZoltowski
Champion
I find your work infinitely fascinating. Your use of materials, light, and shape feels unconventional to the norm yet it feels so familiar, primal and makes complete sense. The growth you have achieved over the last few years is outstanding. You can tell that as you get comfortable with the tools you become more adept at transposing/transferring your imagination onto the canvas. Superb stuff. Would love to spend a day in your mind 🙂
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find your work infinitely fascinating. Your use of materials, light, and shape feels unconventional to the norm yet it feels so familiar, primal and makes complete sense. The growth you have achieved over the last few years is outstanding. You can tell that as you get comfortable with the tools you become more adept at transposing/transferring your imagination onto the canvas. Superb stuff. Would love to spend a day in your mind 🙂

Thanks for the encouragement, and I'm happy that you enjoy my work.  I usually feel as though things are starting to synthesize, at least most of the time.  At any rate, gain some insights each and every session.  Appreciate the kind words.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Today's Project.  Started out with sensors jumping all over the place.  Worked through it for a while before I realized that my speakers were making them shake.  
i3fl3o8dwwaf.png

bre9godhyll5.png

5f5z9wtj1vr8.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some Rocks.  Well, pretty much the same rock.  It's big, takes a surprising amount of memory, since it's triple layered and pretty high rez.  Still a bit more convincing than some of my previous mountaineering attempts.  Probably won't be able to get rock to the level where I want it until I hit 128 gigs of ram, learned a few things though.
irmlvlu1kill.png
Sort of a coastline kind of thing going on here, combination of metals and emissives
1ptmipkszu2v.png
Primary Layer
a1jtrpzkt7t9.png
This one reminds me of a frog for some reason
1kr83bf5mjxj.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just sketches here, cybernetic mask
5pvdyblbd323.png94cdxzjxucw0.png