cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook spaces update wtf?

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Click on "What's new" 

bullet 2 - *Fixed broken Oculus Medium GLB's (googly eyes)

Loaded it up, couldn't find anything Medium related. Am I missing something?
5 REPLIES 5

MattHickman
Rising Star
Spaces pulls GLBs from your Facebook feed. Currently the only way to get those GLBs to Facebook is sharing through Medium.

Their renderer had a bug in it 🙂 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@MattHickman glbs? 

MattHickman
Rising Star
The format we export and post to the Facebook newsfeed are glTF stored in .GLB format.

We haven't hooked that file format up to the exporter yet, but we decimate the mesh down to approximately 200k tris with vertex color and push that to the Newsfeed whenever you check the share to Facebook button in the share dialogue. You can find the glb in the documents/sculpts folder with your other exports!

We'll likely make this exporting more robust in the future.

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do we import our medium sculpt into the Facebook Spaces app? I was able to share to Facebook and can see it in my Newsfeed. Current setting is "only me" in the share/privacy settings for my initial testing. 

MattHickman
Rising Star

kgersony said:

How do we import our medium sculpt into the Facebook Spaces app? I was able to share to Facebook and can see it in my Newsfeed. Current setting is "only me" in the share/privacy settings for my initial testing. 

On your Facebook post in the right corner there's a little down arrow, if you click that you should see an option that says "Save 3D post" select that. Now in Spaces that post will appear in the "Drawings" section.