cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fistful of Colors Sketchbook

Fistful_of_Colo
Level 5
For this one I followed the paint export tutorial from SouthernGFX to get the texture out of Medium and create some render passes.
Really having fun with Medium! I'm thinking of doing a full scene soon - but maybe its better to do some more test sketches first ๐Ÿ™‚
2xw4nee1uoe6.pngn0rdsi7uncrc.pngw1raaobxv52v.jpg73byz9hfaym6.jpg
168 REPLIES 168

Fistful_of_Colo
Level 5
Sure, I just used my old Iphone6 for the photos ๐Ÿ™‚

FrozenPea
Level 13
That's seriously amazing, cant wait to see more!!!! How do you deal with the cloth, I find its hard to make it thin without getting tearing in the geometry ๐Ÿ™‚
Check out my Medium Sculpts: 
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/49696/frozenpeas-sketchbook

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrozenPeaSculpts

Fistful_of_Colo
Level 5
@FrozenPea : Thank you. The cloth is actually rather thick - I start with a sphere in standard (low) resolution and use movetool on that to get the basic form I'm looking for. Then I res up a few steps to get enough resolution for the cloth wrinkles (moved squares or other primitives). The really thin cloth at the edges are added last and smoothed onto the main part of the cloth. So, nothing special, but you will quickly end up with a 30 mil polygon sculpt ๐Ÿ˜‰

Fistful_of_Colo
Level 5
HELP! I did some work in the Rift this morning - but after returning from lunch, the Oculus App refuses to launch, giving me a "Can't reach Oculus Runtime Service" error! I googled it and it seems this is a well known issue - but none of the fixes I've found works! Also, the thread in the support section of the oculus forums has gone unanswered since the first posts that go back quite a while.. Anyone of my fellow sculpters experiencing the same issue?

I'm pretty desperate as I'm using Medium for a job right now - and I can't access my workfiles!

LZoltowski
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
There is an ongoing issue with a security certificate from Oculus, we have to wait for it to be updated by them.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another ๐Ÿ™‚

Fistful_of_Colo
Level 5
So this is a general thing for all users right now?
And thank you for your reply - I was starting to panic here..

Henri1970
Level 5
yeah! LOL this is really not funny. I have a really awkward shift and am really low on creativity. Today i felt an urge to sculpt but instead have been trouble shooting my tech. Where is the support chat gone too?? they were really good 

Henri1970
Level 5
@LZoltowski the conundrum is though how to update when the updater no longer works

DreamShaper
Level 8

Henri1970 said:

@LZoltowski the conundrum is though how to update when the updater no longer works

If that's the case, why is it trying to update?  Should be able to launch and run without being dependent on a website, from local files on the machine.  I'm pretty sure it runs if the internet is down, if it doesn't that is not a good thing at all.

You don't need the store.  "Party mode" or whatever it's called isn't a critical function, should just be "currently unavailable" or something. 

So what is it trying to do, that requires the security certificate?

MattHickman
Level 8
Hey guys, didn't see the discussion on the certificate issue in here.

There's a few threads over in the support channel but high level it's a windows level certificate that gets shipped with the software to basically tell Windows "Hey I'm not a virus trying to hijack this machine let me in there" it doesn't have anything to do with being online or not, they are certificates that just eventually expire in most cases. I'm not privy to anything beyond, they're all hands on deck getting a fix out for it. In the mean time, I'd suggest following the support threads and/or the oculus twitter for updates and don't try the hacks people are doing around changing your system clock or you could easily break other applications on your system.