cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going from medium to blender

tentaclebarn
Honored Guest
Hey! I'm trying to create 3d models in medium, rig and animate them in blender, and then upload them to VRChat as avatars through unity.  I'm curious if anyone knows how to import models from medium to blender without losing any of the coloring done in medium?  When I import mine as an OBJ or FBX it only shows the form, no colors or textures.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
If you're exporting .obj, you need to select export textures for going straight to blender. Make sure you're in cycles mode and your colours should be hooked up. 

If you want vertex colours export .fbx with vertex. You'll need to set up materials in blender using an attribute node - type "vertexcolors" in the name box and hook it up to a principled shader like so...
gmk67ondsh4k.jpg
Note - you'll only see the colours in blender if your viewport shading is set to either rendered or material.

tentaclebarn
Honored Guest
so i'm able to open the node editor and add a principled shader, but only in cycles render, but my vertex colors only will appear when i'm in textured viewport shading in blender render. is there any way to transfer the colors over? applying the shader in cycles render doesn't make any difference since the colors don't appear.
euwuijz1po2d.png

99jbx6epf9ef.png

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
In the node editor window you need to hit the big "+ New"  button to add a new material first.