cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant crash to desktop after updating to Medium 2.0

JamesIV4
Explorer
I've tried in Core 2.0 and the non-beta Oculus Home. Fatal error immediately, just as the Oculus Logo in Medium appears, crash to desktop.
8 REPLIES 8

Lieb
Protege
The first thing that comes to mind is to try to update your drivers. I've heard reports of people having crash-on-start and updating drivers fixing the problem.

IbegU2Rift
Protege
Updating gfx drivers, worked for me

OldGregg546
Honored Guest
Same problem, my gfx drivers were already updated, reinstalled anyway still crashing. gtx 780ti
getting this in my log
07/05/18 06:24:25 : Vulkan verify failure (-4) at line 491 of src\Vulkan\renderDeviceVulkan.cpp

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
@OldGregg546

We apologize that you're unable to use Medium with your current configuration. Medium's recommended spec is i5 CPU, NVIDIA 1060 or AMD for best performance. If you'd like to be rolled back to 1.3.3 for production purposes, please email medium@oculus.com.

JamesIV4
Explorer
Hi guys, I didn't realize there were replies here (thought it would email me). Sorry about that! I've been talking with Naomi from the Medium team. They offered me the same deal, to downgrade to the old version.

@OldGregg546, I have a GTX 780 (not Ti), so it may be an issue with the 700 series? My log says the same thing:
07/03/18 11:11:04 : Vulkan verify failure (-4) at line 491 of src\Vulkan\renderDeviceVulkan.cpp

Reinstalling the drivers didn't work for me either. Are other Vulkan games working for you? I tested and did not have an issue with other Vulkan titles.

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
Hey @JamesIV4, you hit the nail on the head - it's an issue between Medium and the 700 series. Right now you're unable to use Medium with anything less than a 900 series. Can you email medium@oculus.com for a 1.3.3 key so that you can still run Medium?

JamesIV4
Explorer
Hey @jessicazeta. That's sad to hear. Thanks for giving it another look though. I will send an email to get white-listed.

jessicazeta
Heroic Explorer
@JamesIV4 Sorry about that! If something changes we'll be sure to post here to let the community know. Thanks for your patience!