cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers, image center and another anomaly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
 Occasionally I will see a relatively trans parent rectangle with three colored lines emanating in all three orientations. I do notice that whenever I move it, the center of a new layer is always centered around that object. Even if the layer is quite a distance away from the bounding box of a different player. What exactly is the trans parent box, what is the value of changing the  numerical scale of its lines. 

And on that topic, since I was able to put a bounding box of the new layer next to a bounding box of another layer, does that mean that I can create a sculpt that is actually larger than the limitations of one bounding box? I had an odd scenario where I couldn’t paint in my selected layer but if I turned on the  erase tool and press the trigger, despite the erase tool being visible, I was able to lay down play! I’m wondering  if the program have just crashed and was acting erratically or if this is some hidden feature of medium. 
5 REPLIES 5

MattHickman
Rising Star
The numbers represent the scale the sculpt is being built at, this will affect the scale of the object after export when you bring it into other modeling packages like Maya. 

In short yes, each layer has its own bounding boxes that represent that the "resolution" of the layer, then the world scale bounding box contains each of the layer bounding boxes.

LZoltowski
Champion

The numbers represent the scale the sculpt is being built at, this will affect the scale of the object after export when you bring it into other modeling packages like Maya. 

In short yes, each layer has its own bounding boxes that represent that the "resolution" of the layer, then the world scale bounding box contains each of the layer bounding boxes.

For me, the bounding box on a layer was glitching on my latest sculpt, so on a new 3x res layer, the stamps sizes were quite small, I noticed that when I went into the layer resize and pulled, there were 2 bounding boxes for the layer (as I pulled resize, one would go inwards and the other outwards), until I stretched it outwards a bit, it then glitched and reset the bounding box properly to a single one, then all the brushes returned to their normal size. I also noticed the bounding box changing position randomly, so the model started in the middle of the box, but when I wanted to draw an arm out, I noticed that it shifted towards the edge of the model and I could no longer draw in that direction, without being able to move the bounding box it was a lot more work 😕
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

MattHickman
Rising Star

For me, the bounding box on a layer was glitching on my latest sculpt, so on a new 3x res layer, the stamps sizes were quite small, I noticed that when I went into the layer resize and pulled, there were 2 bounding boxes for the layer (as I pulled resize, one would go inwards and the other outwards), until I stretched it outwards a bit, it then glitched and reset the bounding box properly to a single one, then all the brushes returned to their normal size. I also noticed the bounding box changing position randomly, so the model started in the middle of the box, but when I wanted to draw an arm out, I noticed that it shifted towards the edge of the model and I could no longer draw in that direction, without being able to move the bounding box it was a lot more work 😕

well... that's all really strange...

So there is a known issue that if you scale up a layer our scene really quickly, or scale it past its max it will jitter and sorta bounce around. I've not seen multipe bounding boxes or the sculpts shifting within the bounding box. If it is off center on the layer bounds, center layer should do the trick.

LZoltowski
Champion

well... that's all really strange...

So there is a known issue that if you scale up a layer our scene really quickly, or scale it past its max it will jitter and sorta bounce around. I've not seen multipe bounding boxes or the sculpts shifting within the bounding box. If it is off center on the layer bounds, center layer should do the trick.

Ill do a screenshot to show you what I mean when I'm by my desk, its very peculiar and only does it with this sculpt.
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

MattHickman
Rising Star
I should amend what I said about multiple bounding boxes, you can get more than one to appear if you select multiple layers and then manipulate.