cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to make semi transparent Glass/mist,

Daddio66
Level 4
Is there a way to make the material semi transparent like stained glass, smoke and mists?  It would really be a great asset to have control over the layers transparencies.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

M1cH3LL
Level 5
No way to this this in medium directly so far, as i know. This maybe change in Future, for now you must switch over to another 3d software like blender, this one is free and there are massive tutorials on youtube.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

M1cH3LL
Level 5
No way to this this in medium directly so far, as i know. This maybe change in Future, for now you must switch over to another 3d software like blender, this one is free and there are massive tutorials on youtube.

View solution in original post

DreamShaper
Level 8
Not directly possible,currently.  That said, if you're lucky you might be able to snapshot it, if you have your camera open and then trigger a cpu intensive operation.  Haven't taken the time to work out the specifics of how I did this, but it's repeatable enough that I was able to make a photo capture. Presumably be done deliberately with a bit of planning and a bit of thought into what causes the effect to trigger.  Pretty sure I have a layer selected here, but haven't made a study of it yet.  The effect can be seen in a few places on this image, some with better results than others.
un1h5vxobk8k.png