cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium Crashing on Open

garbagetmw
Honored Guest
I have the latest medium installed on my alienware and have been using it fine with my VIVE. Of course windows did a bunch of updating last week and since then Medium is not working, which is a big problem as my project is totally in medium. Help!
2 REPLIES 2

DeadlyJoe
Rising Star
Post your crash log: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\Oculus\Medium\log

Make sure you're not running any GPU tuner software, such as MSI Afterburner. Temporarily disable any 3rd party antivirus software as well, just to eliminate the possibility.

Another thing that can cause a crash at startup is a corrupt asset file. You can debug that one by renaming your  C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Medium folder to "Medium_Old" or something similar. Medium should start up in default mode and recreate the Medium folder.  If it works, then you can start moving your sculpts, pictures, and videos back into the new Medium folder to determine which asset is corrupt.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Do you have multiple GPUs (either SLI/Crossfire or integrated graphics)? If so, please be sure all monitors and Rift are connected to the primary dedicated GPU. Nothing can be connected to secondary cards.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV