cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium Sculpting Relay - Signup here!

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
So the idea is pretty simple - we do a sculpting round robin where someone sculpts something and then passes the sculpt over to the next person who adds something of their own and passes it on.

Reply below with along with how much RAM is in your rig and I'll add your name to the roster. Reason I'm asking for RAM is cos there's a good chance this could get quite big so it's probably best to let any 8gig players do their thing first whilst there's less data in the file.

Rules-wise I'm thinking we take a layer each (so up to 20 participants) You'd be responsible for the whole layer, blocking, detailing, painting and all the rest although if I end up sculpting a character or creature then feel free to come along behind me and fix my crappy anatomy 😄

Players
@P3nT4gR4m - 32gig
@DeadlyJoe - 32gig
@FrozenPea - 16gig
@zylick - 16gig
@chuckleone - 8gig

59 REPLIES 59

zylick
Protege
Okay, i'm still working on mine, I have a feeling its going to take a couple more days, I'm not as good as this as you guys are apparently. I'll upload to here when I'm done. Please continue for now. Thank you for understanding.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@zylick no worries man take your time, its all for fun so just enjoy it 🙂 

zylick
Protege
I've got the pose down, doing the clothes now, as soon as those are done I'll finish up the face and hair and submit. 😕 Whew

zylick
Protege
https://www.oculus.com/medium/sculpts/1408943479185315/
That is where I uploaded the model. If one of you fine gentleman can put it in front of the Demon in the scene for me I would appreciate it 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
@zylick nice sculpt!

Turns out it's really hard to import a sculpt with all the details + colour 😕 The best I could do was try import with high resolution but it didn't do much since the stamp shrinks and loses the detail anyway, and then I did a very fast paint job over it. Anyone else have any ideas?

Wonder if I scale the original sculpt in Medium will it be a larger stamp/hold more detail?

Here is what I managed to do very quickly.

Original:
a50n401if6n0.jpg

Imported + painted.
lhxgd7v1g1xe.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the download link if we're happy to proceed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwvhwj7RGYOpQ1ZHNGhKN1FhNjQ/view?usp=sharing

@P3nT4gR4m

zylick
Protege
I like it! Thank you very much FrozenPea! Wait a second, where is my Party Hat?

Anonymous
Not applicable
haha well if you ask nicely I'm sure @P3nT4gR4m will put a party hat on for you  😄

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Consider it done

monstersandmachines
Heroic Explorer
Nice work on this!

So who is next?