cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirror Plane is causing eye fatigue... Can this be turned off?

nickpappas
Explorer
Hey team Medium! I love medium and I've been using it both professionally and as a hobbyist since release. Typically I can stay in for a couple hours a night with no issues. But I find myself fading quicker when I'm using symmetry when looking at the sculpt closer. The slight opacity of the mirror plane makes you see differently in one eye than you see in the other. So after a while it can really start to mess up your vision. I personally don't find the mirror plane necessary at all so i'd love to turn it off as an option. Seeing the floating brush on the other side is all the visual indicator needed! 

Nick Pappas
3d artist for Playful
http://www.playfulcorp.com/
____________________________________________________________________________________
Nick Pappas       3d Generalist/Tech Artist

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I second this!

When I'm sculpting something small (I actually had this last night when working on an eye) the dotted line can also get annoying and it would be great to have an option to turn off the mirror plane so it's invisible and just works it's magic without the plane graphic 🙂

MrOtsKrad
Protege
if not invisible, maybe a faint outline?  Ive thought the same, would be nice to turn off.

nickpappas
Explorer
yeah the dotted line is certainly annoying as well. thankfully you can use the new transform tool on the mirror plane to move it back locally to get the dotted line out of the way
____________________________________________________________________________________
Nick Pappas       3d Generalist/Tech Artist

MattHickman
Rising Star
Yeah, we've certainly heard this feedback from time to time, it's on our list of little improvements we try to chip away from. Thanks for the feedback.